Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traitor - Demo up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

Criminal that ya got no comments, solid recording, solid track. If ya want criticism, there are times when the guitars sound like they're racing to keep the tempo but I'm sure you'll have noticed that yourselves, but other than that, solid recording, solid track.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

well done!

Not entirely my thing but i can appreciate it nonetheless!

All i would add is on the download page have a facility for a donation via paypal if people liked it, i have seen this on other bands pages and if i like the music and download it i have paid for it as i feel it's only fair.

If 10% of people felt this way you could have a few bob towards next recording.

anyways rock on lads!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

Liking the sticato-ey bit around the 2.10 mark, also the lead part arount the 4.00 mark.
    The drums are too straightforward in the quiet bit @ 5.00 mark, perhaps a descending tom rhythm would suit rather than the snare roll.
    Loving it @ 6.25:D

song ends nicely too!

Overall a good track, perhaps some of the chuggy stuff could be shortened.
    Very good my man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Great track fair play to the band. Everything is solid. The drumming, guitar, (can't hear the bass though could be my ears or these speakers), vocals are good too.

Few very 'minor' criticisms, if you held a gun to my head I'd say yee may have pulled a "St. Anger" on this one. To me it's too long and the riff seems a bit samey throughout with no major changes. I think it should have ended just after the five minute mark.

Still with that I wouldn't fast forward it if it came up on my mp3 player. Fair play, onwards and upwards as the saying goes.

Have you guys got any gigs lined up or are you still in the writing stage of things?

Ah just found your fb page. Played the Siege? Ah fantastic. Hope you got a good turnout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Thanks everybody, yeah I share all the criticisms as you, but this was recorded in a bedroom for nothing and it's the best we could get really.

However there's a proper EP in the works, which will be recorded in a proper studio this summer and it'll hopefully sound a bit more pro.

@Chin Grin, Yeah the siege was fun, but ahh we had an early slot :rolleyes: We haven't really played many gigs at all yet. But 3 of us are still in leaving cert, so as soon June is out of the way, we'll be around, hopefully.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement