Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buddha "novelty" item

Options
  • 02-04-2012 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hello,

Hope you don't mind.. I had a quick question..

I'm interested in developing a useful (serious) product but was considering creating a Buddha version of this - while it will certainly be a novelty item of sorts its not intended to in any way "mock" or "belittle" the Buddist religion.

I know that a lot of people have Buddha statues in their houses, and will of course Buddists will have dedication to the statues, but I guess I'm wondering if you would also have other "Buddha" items in your homes - not exactly a Buddha toilet roll holder but perhaps something with a certain element of "novelty" about it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭bou

I try to keep a Buddha item in the house of mind but mind gets bored with it and goes off after other novelty items. Sometimes, I try to sweep all the novelty items out of the house of mind but mind quickly goes out and brings them back in. It's never pleased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

bou wrote: »
    I try to keep a Buddha item in the house of mind but mind gets bored with it and goes off after other novelty items. Sometimes, I try to sweep all the novelty items out of the house of mind but mind quickly goes out and brings them back in. It's never pleased.

Love it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

The primordial Buddha seemed to have a fantastic sense of humour, so I'd say go for it, the more kitsch the better!

Advertisement