Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power steering for VW LT35 from scarpyard??

Options
  • 02-04-2012 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi guys! Iv bought a VW LT35 yesterday and im looking to get power steering for it cause its like driving a tank at the moment. I refuse to pay a VW garage a few grand for new power steering. Does any body know any good scarpyards in Ireland where i could pick one up cheap?Cheers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyBananas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

You could try bridge van in the north. http://www.bridgevan.co.uk/

You realise that if you're changing from non power steering to power steering you'll need an engine compatible to mount a pump off the belt, and you'll have to change the steering rack among other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Try mercedessprinters.ie near Carlow. The LT35 shares lots of the components with Sprinter and in general they don't seem to discriminate against VW there either, i.e. they do both.

I have picked up a few bits and pieces from there over the years (for a Sprinter) and the service has always been really good.

Advertisement