Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream Team Help

Options
  • 01-04-2012 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi,

I've just come back from OZ and I've been invited to play in a really competitive dream team league with a crew based in Perth. Nobody thinks I stand a chance in hell...and I don't. I know very little about the game but I'm starting to get into it more and more.

I scored 1850 in the first week so not bad but could do a lot better. I just have a few things I don't understand. Everybody seems to only pick 1 elite ruck whereas I have 2, Sandilands and Leuenberger. Sandilands had a stormer over the weekend but only scored 90 and Leuenberger only scored 64. Do they generally score less than mids and forwards?

Also does it matter how many points you score in round 1 and 2 prior to the head to heads?

Here's my squad... do you think it needs major tweaking?

Def:
    Goddard, Deledio, Grimes, Clarke, Smedts, Enright - Hunt, Darley

Mid:
    Ablett(VC), Pendelbury, Rockliff, Steven, Magner , Coniglio - Shiel, Miles

Ruck:
    Sandilands, Leuenberger - Giles, Stephenson

For:
    Franklin (C), Riewoldt, Martin, Smith, Johnson, Hale, Porplyzia - Hall, Walsh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Real FM wrote: »
    I just have a few things I don't understand. Everybody seems to only pick 1 elite ruck whereas I have 2, Sandilands and Leuenberger. Sandilands had a stormer over the weekend but only scored 90 and Leuenberger only scored 64. Do they generally score less than mids and forwards?

Also does it matter how many points you score in round 1 and 2 prior to the head to heads?

I went with two premiums as well in Jacobs/McEvoy with Giles and Redden on the bench. I think there is just a lot of hype around Giles this year, coupled with Maric and McIntosh being cheap which would give you the option to upgrade to two premiums later when they increase in price.

Generally they will always score less than Mid Premiums, but should be more consistant than your Fwds. However, Fwd Premiums tend to have a higher ceiling, such as Franklin. (The exception being Cox, as he is arguably the only elite ruck and genuine DT Gun).

Nope, your points in Rounds 1 & 2 only contribute to the overall competition. The league only gets going from round 3 based on your heads to head fixture that week.

Finally, best bit of advice I can give you is don't look to fix your team this early. Alot of good players in there and seeing as none are out, such as McDonald & Parker from Round 1, don't change any. You will need the trades later on in the season. If you wanted to do just one, I would suggest Walsh to Kennedy so you can take advantage of his big cash increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Real FM

Cheers Gonzo,

Just one more quick one in relation to keeping my transfers till later in the season... When it reaches playoff stage, and a number of your players won't be playing anymore due to elimination, do you have to dip into your quote of 24 transfers to replace them or are you given a new quota.

Thanks again.

Cheers Gonzo,

Just one more quick one in relation to keeping my transfers till later in the season... When it reaches playoff stage, and a number of your players won't be playing anymore due to elimination, do you have to dip into your quote of 24 transfers to replace them or are you given a new quota.

Thanks again.

The League we're in now only runs over the 23 rounds of the premiership season. League games up to Round 19, then 4 rounds which equate to the finals in our league. So you won't be without any players, except for the bye rounds 11, 12 & 13.

For when the playoff starts there is another fantasy game that starts called AFL Finals Dream Team, which has a slightly different format.

Hope this clears things up. Also, as a rule of thumb you should aim to have a minimum of 6 trades left after Round 19 so you can deal with injuries/suspensions.

Also, for those who haven't signed up to Championship Data, you can get the Fantasy Freako Rave from the following Links:

Round 1
    Round 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 admson407

Thanks for sharing pretty helpful to me, while working as a Google Adwords Mangement expert it is different but helpful for me.

• Advertisement

Cheers lads,

Sitting 6th at the moment after round 2 and punching well above my weight! I'll stick to your advice on the transfers and be vigilant.

Really appreciate the help.

Back again!

I've got Steve Coniglio on my team this week and he got pulled out of his game last minute. I have a mid set to "Emergency" - do this mean his points will automatically replace Coniglio's when the GWS game has ended?

I've read the rules on the sight but there not all too clear, I also couldn't find the "Emergency Toggle".

Cheers again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Back again!

I've got Steve Coniglio on my team this week and he got pulled out of his game last minute. I have a mid set to "Emergency" - do this mean his points will automatically replace Coniglio's when the GWS game has ended?

I've read the rules on the sight but there not all too clear, I also couldn't find the "Emergency Toggle".

Cheers again.

Yes, your emergency's points will be counted if there is a 0 on the field.

Advertisement