Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend running shoes

Options
  • 01-04-2012 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53,880 ✭✭✭✭

Iv a problem that I've had for years. I have very flat feet which results in pains in my feet. I'd be in the gym somtimes and have to take off my few years old asics to relieve the pain.

Any recommendations please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Go to a reputable running store,have gait analysis done and they will recommend correct shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,880 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Would elverys have such a service?

Edit

They do have that service but not in my area unfortunately, damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Go to Brehon Sports in Cashel Headshot,i seen from posts in the Tipp forum you are around S.tipp a bit.......

For my two cents i have pretty bad over pronation + flatish feet and wear Mizuno Wave Alcehmy 11's......find them great

• Registered Users Posts: 53,880 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sorry for the bump. I finally got the gait analysis done. I knew my feet and especially the right one are very bad but I barely have an arch on the right foot. The worse things is 300 for the insoles which may or may not work. What ridiculous pricing

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Headshot wrote: »
    Sorry for the bump. I finally got the gait analysis done. I knew my feet and especially the right one are very bad but I barely have an arch on the right foot. The worse things is 300 for the insoles which may or may not work. What ridiculous pricing

Who told you that?I have similar feet and i manage away without insoles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Headshot wrote: »

Do nothing but, get a second opinion.

If you want spend the time and come up to me in Oranmore and I'll have a look at you. It definitely won't cost you 300!!

There is an overwhelming expectation that insoles are the cure-all for everyones' problems. I've put more pairs in the bin for customer that I can count and sorted 99% of the running injury issues simply by getting the correct shoe fitted. (Can't do anything about your times, but can fit your shoes properly.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 willmars

Most of the people have a problem of pain at their feet. Not properly selection of the shoes is the cause of this problem. The best comfort shoes design is based on rear foot motion. You should talk with physician and consider his advice.

Advertisement