Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manhattan DSM-4S satellite finder

Options
  • 01-04-2012 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Hi,

my brother recently got a Manhattan DSM-4S satellite finder. He gave it a try for re-tuning in a relative's dish that was blown askew by the wind and noticed that while it does help find the correct satellite quickly, there doesn't seem to be a way to use it to fine tune the satellite, like you can with many cheap finders (by increasing attenuation via a dial, for example).

I was wondering if anyone else has one of these sat finders and if they have a) experienced this and b) if there is a solution, apart from adding an attenuator onto the cable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

Came across manual here. Check pages 5 & 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Km750

I bought a manhattan dsm-4s a couple of years ago only used it a few times,when I switch it on now it switches off again,it will not stay on,anyone got any ideas? or where to send it to get it repaired?

Advertisement