Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cuba Nightclub to re-open

Options
  • 01-04-2012 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi Everyone,

Rumour has it that Cuba is to reopen in the next few weeks. There has been renovation work ongoing on site for a while now.

Everyone will have their own opinions on whether Cuba was a good club or not but what i am trying to find out is if people think this would be a good business venture in the current economic climate?

I was in the Skeff yesterday afternoon and it was packed with groups of men, probably stag parties, who were downing pints like it was going out of fashion. It made me think that despite what you hear about pubs/clubs not doing much business there is definately people spending money.

What do you think Cuba would need to do to become a business success?

From all accounts this was a very good business in the past. Id appreciate any comments that you have and what you would like to see in the bar, night club and live lounge when Cuba reopens!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

tonbar46 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Rumour has it that Cuba is to reopen in the next few weeks. There has been renovation work ongoing on site for a while now.

Everyone will have their own opinions on whether Cuba was a good club or not but what i am trying to find out is if people think this would be a good business venture in the current economic climate?

I was in the Skeff yesterday afternoon and it was packed with groups of men, probably stag parties, who were downing pints like it was going out of fashion. It made me think that despite what you hear about pubs/clubs not doing much business there is definately people spending money.

What do you think Cuba would need to do to become a business success?

From all accounts this was a very good business in the past. Id appreciate any comments that you have and what you would like to see in the bar, night club and live lounge when Cuba reopens!!

Thanks

Are you promoting your business. Weird first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tonbar, are you connected to Cuba somehow?

But here's a pro tip, search boards for mentions of cuba and bar903 like this
    http://www.google.ie/search?q=bar903+site:boards.ie

You'll find threads like this Music much too loud

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

OP is havana laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tonbar46

No im not connected to Cuba and its not my business either. I had just read a post about some guy who was thinking of opening a pub in a rural town and everyone told him he was mad.

I ahd heard Cuba was to reopen and just wondered what people thought of it and its prospects of succeeding

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

http://www.galwaynews.ie/25106-eyre-square-nightclub-reopen-under-new-management

For thos on their phones:
    Eyre Square nightclub to reopen under new management

April 3, 2012 - 7:30am
    Popular Cuba venue closed down early last year
    BY CIARAN TIERNEY

The Cuba nightclub in Eyre Square is expected to reopen under new management within the next few weeks after attracting considerable interest from potential leaseholders.

Letting agent Philip Mullery, of Mullery Auctioneers, said he had received a number of inquiries from potential tenants, both in Galway and other parts of Ireland, since putting the property on the market last month.

One of the city’s best known late night premises, the business closed down at the start of last year after the previous leaseholder’s bar, nightclub, and off-licence business collapsed.

The owner of the building, which includes a restaurant and music venues on three floors, has engaged in considerable renovations in recent weeks in anticipation of a take-over.

“We are in negotiations with a number of people and we have had very good interest in the premises,” said Mr Mullery yesterday.

“We are still talking to people at the moment, but I would envisage that it will be open for business within a matter of weeks. It is a very good premises, right in the heart of the city, so we are not surprised that there is very strong interest in it.”

Cuba was operated by publican John Grealish until January of last year, when his bar, nightclub, and off-licence business went into liquidation.

Read more in today’s Connacht Sentinel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement