Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixing an old TV.

Options
  • 01-04-2012 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Good day ladies and gentlemen. I'm trying to fix an old TV of mine that just went on me recently. What happens is when its plugged in it makes a sound best described as an ignition failing to start, it repeats this noise every second or so.

Im useless when it comes to electronics but I couldn't help take a look myself and see what was going on. The sound seems to come from a large black object plugged into the circuit board.

Anyone got any ideas? Or can I beat it with a hammer now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,336 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The power unit is probably shagged. Last time I looked for a TV repair service in Dublin I drew a blank, buy a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

LOPT arcing by the sounds of it. I'm assuming it's an old CRT set when I say that though. Is it ? If it is then the cost of repair would be approximately 75 yo 90 euro depending on make and age.

Ken

Advertisement