Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulysses Pain Management Programme

Options
  • 31-03-2012 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here has completed the Ulysses Pain Management Programme in Tallaght? If so I'd be thankful for any feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Eseram

Hi,
    I attended the Ulysses Programme back in 2005.

At that stage i was sent there as a last resort.I was told their was not much more options open to me because i had a Discectomy on L4/L5 in 2000.I had exhausted every other option too like cortisone injections and the usual treatments.

Since then i have had another L4/L5 Discectomy only because my pain got worse and i searched around not giving up.

Depending on your Illness the pain programme can offer different things to people.They re-educate you in different aspects like teaching you not to be afraid of exercising,meditation,hydrotherapy,group therapy,occupational therapy.

To be honest the exercise aggravated my back,the last day i seized up!. Everybody is different though eg. i have chronic pain there was a person there with facial pain yet we both did the same exercise programme.I found that odd that someone with chronic back pain spent the same time on a rowing machine as someone without the same problem.
    Overall what i took away from it was the Meditation exercises,and after my surgery i done Hydrotherpy in another pool.

Group therapy is quite helpful because you hear everyone's story because pain can be isolating.
    The team are excellent to talk to and are so dedicated.I would think everyone takes something from it.

I hope this is of some help to you.

Advertisement