Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martial arts classes around ballsbridge in Dublin

Options
  • 31-03-2012 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

I am looking to take up a traditional martial art (karate or ju-jitsu being the most likely) and I am looking for classes around the ballsbridge area in Dublin. I don't have a car so any further might be difficult for me to get to.

I am not too interested in the likes of muay Thai or Brazilian ju jitsu because I suffer from Back problems.

I would be able to train two or three times a week.

I haven't made up my mind entirely on what one I am going to take because I want to find out my proximity to the classes first. Any help Would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Wildgeese down in Pearse St have a few different styles during the week.

I'm not aware of anything in Balsbridge, sorry.

And tbh I don't know why a back bad would keep you out of Brazilian JJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Jiu-Jitsu Ireland is run out of Leopardstown on Tuesday nights if thats of any interest to you mate?

It's a traditional kind of style... not BJJ.
    From ballsbridge you'd be looking at getting the Luas or a bus tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

You might also want to check out what is available in UCD. I think a lot of their MA clubs are open to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Lots of buses go through ballsbridge...

These guys run a class in donnybrook, or used to anyway:

http://llanerafightingsystems.com/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

You might also want to check out what is available in UCD. I think a lot of their MA clubs are open to the public.
    I'm pretty sure the Shotokan Karate club is anyway. I know they train Monday night and a couple of other nights in the week

• Advertisement
Advertisement