Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi running gear - Thursday 5th April

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Wont miss the opening time here like i did in Lidl......

After a jacket,sleeveless top plus the compression socks,really impressed with the one's i got in Lidl a few weeks back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 aveagejoe

got there for 9, some crowd there! luckily i'm light on my feet so was able to get in and out fairly quick! was more of a fact finding mission for me as i've never worn ''running tights'' before,( am still firmly in the football shorts and jersey brigade:-)!)so taught is was a no brainer to try out the aldi brand to see if i liked them or not! from first glance they seem good quality, though will have to train in them later to give them the full thumbs up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Got to my local for ten past nine in a panic. I needn't have worried, only a few disinterested shoppers hovering around the running gear. Picked up a bag o'swag for €40. Nice one, thanks for the tip off Dev123. :)

dahat wrote: »
    Wont miss the opening time here like i did in Lidl......

After a jacket,sleeveless top plus the compression socks,really impressed with the one's i got in Lidl a few weeks back

No slip ups this time,sent the wife in and all got,really like the jacket,a good fit,just a pity it wasn't a different colour

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

It's a pity that thy keep changing their running gear manufacturer/supplier.
    The shorts on sale today, although looking the biz:cool:, have only a very, very small inner pocket/pouch, with no velcro or zip fastner. Useless really for holding anything, never mind a key you dont want to lose.
    Got two tops, one sleeveless , one T, seem alright. Got a couple o pairs of the smaller running socks, seem fine. Will test run them tomorrow evening.:pac:
    Did 15 miles in them today, very very impressed by them. I do like a thick-ish sole on my socks, this and the small extra bit of sock up the back of the ankle made these a joy to run in. Well done Aldi! On the minus side..nearly killed myself doing a super floor slide in them to impress the wife and son( has to be done!)
    All in all, handy way to get a bit o casual running gear.

Mr.W

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭gnu

I picked up some of the compression socks - figured at €4.99 it wouldn't be the end of the world if they weren't great. I've never tried any others (although I have my eye on some on Wiggle) so no idea how these compare to others? They don't feel very tight/compressed but my calves do feel better for wearing them.

gnu wrote: »
    I picked up some of the compression socks - figured at €4.99 it wouldn't be the end of the world if they weren't great. I've never tried any others (although I have my eye on some on Wiggle) so no idea how these compare to others? They don't feel very tight/compressed but my calves do feel better for wearing them.

Did you get right size?I find them great,really do help lower legs after hard running.
    I had figured that Aldi/Lidl ones would lead me to more expensive ones but why change if they are doing the job for me??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I picked up 2 pairs of compression socks as well. I don't notice much difference between the Aldi and (much) more expensive ones, and I've worn compression socks for a few years by now.

Will definitely keep stocking up Aldi ones.

With the price of runners going up it is good to see that some equipment can be got at a reasonable price.

Only thing is now i am thinking what benefit full lenght compression tights would be to a runner,even at my level,quite an expensive thought though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭gnu

I picked up 2 pairs of compression socks as well. I don't notice much difference between the Aldi and (much) more expensive ones, and I've worn compression socks for a few years by now.

dahat wrote: »
    Did you get right size?I find them great,really do help lower legs after hard running.
    I had figured that Aldi/Lidl ones would lead me to more expensive ones but why change if they are doing the job for me??

Thanks guys, that's good to know. I think they're the right size. I got 4-7 and I'm a 6.5. They seem to fit ok on the calf, I guess I just expected to feel more pressure. But they did make a difference so I think they'll do fine. I got 3 pairs for around the same price as the cheapest pair I could find on Wiggle! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Does anyone have any idea if there is any running gear left (women's esp the jacket, trousers and runners) in any of the Cork stores? Want to start the couch to 5k soon. Thanks in advance:)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭tenreds

I got a jacket last week,really happy with it for the price of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Picked up a pair of the Aldi compression socks, got to try them out yesterday evening. I was really impressed with them, done 11 miles, had only planned on 10 but was enjoying it too much :o

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭centre back

lindtee wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea if there is any running gear left (women's esp the jacket, trousers and runners) in any of the Cork stores? Want to start the couch to 5k soon. Thanks in advance:)

i got some shorts and 2 running jackets in midleton sat, not much male gear left, but there was quite a lot of female stuff still there at that time!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

I got a mens jacket, shorts and socks in Drogheda today, so cheap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 willmars

This is good news. I am searching a rough leather track suit for my friend. He is a hard racer. You provided a nice collection of sports gear. Some of my friends have interest for purchasing a compression socks. I would suggest about you.

Advertisement