Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview with 2FM

Options
  • 31-03-2012 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Had an interview with 2FM this morning on the topic of hacking. Went very well I think. Podcast should be up on their website later anyone who missed it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

URL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

It's not up yet, will be on the 2FM website..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

/me follows thread.

Post up a link when it appears, theres a good chap.

Will do buddy.

• Advertisement

dlofnep wrote: »

Listening in now...

You have a lovely voice.

Hah, cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭900913

Peann: "The lovely voice of Ireland" :-)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I downloaded it last night but haven't had a chance to listen yet. Will defiantly get a listen this evening.
    On Sunday I listened to nearly all of your pod-casts. There really good and enjoyably.

:-)

just listened,
    That Adrian Weckler sounds like one of them experts who knows **** all about what hes talking about.

Keep up the good work Peann

:-)

*Edit 15:04 mimns. Grey hat description by some clown media rep who knows **** all about info/net security
    "He's the kink of guy who will break into you systen, if the system is your house he wont do too much damage, he doesnt really care. he'll leave your door wide open he doesn't really care" so next thing you know your roof is after caving in you know.

Myabe the grayhat left a note, email, phoncall or tried contact the house owner many times and only left door open because he ccouldnt close it (ie. no write access t0 patch vulnerable script).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

He doesn't leave anything open, it was open with to begin with.

• Advertisement

[-0-] wrote: »
    He doesn't leave anything open, it was open with to begin with.

Your right,

I think in an ideal world the likes of Adrian Weckler would like vasts of people walking around estates for free and then ARRESTING them for failing to report that a specific house had no security....

I didn't really like the breaking into the house analogies either myself. Quite a few people said that they weren't happy with Adrian's commentary. I wasn't on there to argue about it though - I made my point in the best way I could and left it at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭pacquiao

I honestly thought the interview was horrible.
    The hats thing is cringe worthy.Any one can download a program and click a few buttons,****ing pathetic.

pacquiao wrote: »
    I honestly thought the interview was horrible.
    The hats thing is cringe worthy.Any one can download a program and click a few buttons,****ing pathetic.

Jeesh, thanks :p

It wasnt a great interview, but that wasnt peanns fault, it was more that Dave Fanning knew absolutely zilch about the topic and seemed to have difficulty comprehending the basics. It seemed like "hacking == illegal" in his mind and he couldn't get past that.

In fairness to Dave, he's not really expected to know much.. I think he was throwing questions towards me so that I could address them or correct him. We should be mindful that his show is just a daily chat show, rather than a tech podcast. Anyone who was expecting Dave to discuss the intricacies of writing buffer overflows was expecting too much.

I did the best I could.. I was only out of bed when I did the interview, I'm lucky my brain worked at all! :)

Advertisement