Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westport with 20 lads

Options
  • 31-03-2012 6:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Heading to Westport with 20 or so guys who probably don't want to take in Croagh Patrick.

Have been looking for a few things for them to do - bar drinking the entire day - and don't seem to be making progress.

Have seen that there is paint balling nearby - Westport Wargames - it doesn't get positive reviews on trip advisor but there were only two - so any other views?

Any thing else that you could recommend?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

check out Killary adventure centre, they'll bus you from Westport to the centre and back. They're pretty helpful with coming up with a range of activities to do.. and they are geared up for big groups. Seems like a decent place though I haven't been there myself - had been planning on heading there for a mate's stag before numbers dwindled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sitsonthefence

Great idea... Went there when I was 16, looks like it has expanded a little bit since then..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bensweeney

For something closer to westport there is Adventure islands. They are based out of Westport House. There is a Groupon deal here for them. The deal is
    Activity day begins with laser clay pigeon shooting, combat games, and archery in the woods
    Dinghy sailing and kayaking in Clew Bay
    60% off with that voucher

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/galway/the-adventure-islands/4501265

http://www.theadventureislands.com/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

westport and area attractions described already on previous threads here. Enjoy

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

westport and area attractions described already on previous threads here. Enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 sitsonthefence

bensweeney wrote: »
    For something closer to westport there is Adventure islands. They are based out of Westport House. There is a Groupon deal here for them. The deal is 60% off with that voucher

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

zinzan wrote: »
    check out Killary adventure centre, they'll bus you from Westport to the centre and back. They're pretty helpful with coming up with a range of activities to do.. and they are geared up for big groups. Seems like a decent place though I haven't been there myself - had been planning on heading there for a mate's stag before numbers dwindled.

Killary is always brilliant, you can stay there for a few days if you want. Also there is zorbing and stuff at Westport house. Surf lessons are good too, I think Surf Mayo run them in Carrownisky beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 juanpablo1983

Adventure Islands is very good, Clew bay bike hire also offer a good service if you cycle along the great western greenway which goes from westport to achill, they will collect you and bring you back to westport. good bikes and a good way to spend a day ahead of a night out in westport on the beer!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DickBunce

Killary would be a great choice. We did it a few years ago also for a stag. Most if the guys were knackered by days end and enjoyed their sociable pints better that night. We did wind surfing and kayaking by the way.

Advertisement