Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Idea?

Options
  • 31-03-2012 1:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

I have a client who has come to me with an idea for a site, basically without going into too much detail the client wants a site which allows users to see advertisements, and allows advertisers to post advertisements. Advertisments would be searchable by location, category etc.. and Advertisers would be charged a small monthly fee to feature their advert.

It sounds like a great project and has the potential to be very sucessful, but on the developement side are there any frameworks or CMS out there which would allow this kind of functionality out of the box? I'd imagine the programming work, securing the site etc. would be massive if I were to do it from scratch.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 frazl

I'm working on the exact same project on my and I have a few ideas, except I just got slown down dramatically since I will most likely have to add each advertisement separately. If you want to talk on skype and maybe share some ideas? Add me:sean.frazl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

These directory sites are ten-a-penny. There's dozens of reviews of them in the website reviews and entrepreneurial forum. The number of ventures which get this right and make money is small, very small as most have no idea how to get the formula right. Almost every site reviewed has fallen by the wayside.

On the basis of the questions in your OP you are going to need to do a lot more research if it is not going to become a waste of time and money.

Advertisement