Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT civil engineering

Options
  • 31-03-2012 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

hey guys iv put down to do civil engineering in dit just thought id make this post to see who else is hoping to get this course or has applied for it ? also anyone that is doing the course at the min , advice or what you think of the course would help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭cabra64

hey steve,

im doing final year of civil eng in bolton st.
    Great course but not huge amount of engineering opportunities here once you're finished. You are right to study what you have an interest in tho. Engineering is a brilliant degree to have cos it transfers really well across the board to loads of other courses and careers.
    Best of luck in the summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭steve2012

hey cabra64,

was there any work experience availble during the course and what are the facilities like im deciding on either dit or ait since i know ait opened anew engineering building around last month which facilities might be more up to date.
    i know that basically there are 0 jobs here in ireland but the prospect of traveling also interests me.

There is no course organised job experience in DIT. more important tho is that your course is accredited by Engineers Ireland. DIT courses are. I can't comment for any other college or uni. This accreditation means that other some international agreement your qualification from college is recognised as an engineering qualification around the world. Also if you plan on doing a level 7 then a level 8 make sure that the level 7 is recognised in the college you plan on doing the level 8.

facilities in dit are fine. not exactly blindingly up to date but in reality the more important thing is the reputation of the place you do it in. Bolton St. has a great reputation an a technical institute. (i would say that tho wouldn't i...)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cg123

I also plan on applying for the course in dit, just wondering if anyone thinks the points required will change much for this year compared to last year. And also if anyone knows what colleges you can proceed to if you want to continue on to level 8 or do you have to do it in dit?

Level 8 is offered in DIT Bolton St. as an add on to the level 7. I think the current setup is that you must do well in the level 7 course to get into the level 8. Haven't a clue about points to be honest. Highly recommend the level 7 course-it provides a great grounding to transfer to the level 8.

• Advertisement
Advertisement