Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie phpadmin / mysql issue

Options
  • 30-03-2012 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, it is only day one of sitting down with php / mysql for dummies and i am having an issue with creating a table in phpmyadmin.

I am getting Error: "Missing value in the form" but i am unsure where?

Attached is a screenshot. Any pointers?

createtable.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

4th row, 3rd column?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Thanks Conor, what information is it looking for there?

Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

This april fools joke is fairly retarded. I'm guessing you need to add a number in the length field

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

This may well be related to the version of phpMyAdmin being used as it may be very unforgiving where it comes to field definitions, even where strictly speaking it does not need to be.

I would try to narrow down which field is causing you trouble. To do this, delete the fields, one by one, each time submitting the form and eventually it will accept it creating the table. At that point you will know which field is causing you problems and you can concentrate of finding a solution there.

Bare in mind that it is possible also that more than one field is being rejected, so first find a solution to that one then one by one add the other fields again (dropping the table after each successful step) until they are all being accepted or you find and deal with any other problematic fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Thanks Guys, tracked it down to the default column It works when default is set to none.

Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement