Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Financing College Repeat Year

Options
  • 30-03-2012 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello, I am currently a first year student in a course I don't like and am failing in, in University.
    I want to enter a new course in another University next year though CAO for next September.
    This year I benefited from a full student grant that also paid my full registration fees.
    With all this financial aid my 1st year of college still pushed my parents to the limit financially, so I couldn't ask them to support me repeating but carrying on in my current course isn't happening either.

What options do I have, in the form of student financial aid/ student loan repayable when graduated...etc. I'm a student who's willing to work but chances of finding work are slim, so paying a loan while studying isn't and option. My parents can't be burdened with it either.
    I know that my situation couldn't possibly be unique so anything you could tell me would be appriciated.

Advertisement