Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sealing paint

Options
  • 30-03-2012 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Not sure if mine is a poor design, or if all motorhome's are like this, but in my one when rain runs down the back of the motorhome it goes between the bumper and the rear panel. The bumper isn't sealed to the bodywork. I got down underneath and had a look at whats there and I can see where the rear panel finishes (behind the rear bumper). Although the main expanse of the bodywork is coated in white, when rainwater runs down this and gathers at the end of the panel, where this panel ends just finishes in raw wood, about half an inch thick - and this is damp to the touch. In the recent good weather this has dried out and feels OK now, but I'd like to stop water from soaking in here by coating the wood properly with something. Some sort of Bitumen paint or something? Any recommendations on what I should be using?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

body schultz , or a mastic compound and spatula it across it?

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

ok, thanks for tip

Advertisement