Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HPSS Coop/erasmus

Options
  • 29-03-2012 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hey,

So from the UL site it gives me this "In Semesters 4 and 5 students go on an off-campus programme.The off-campus programme typically consists of a combination of either paid employment or voluntary work, and a study abroad placement in either Europe or North America."

So thats the end of year 2 and the start of year 3. What I was wondering was what happens during the summer months? People I have chatted too havent really given me a definate answer but im guessing its time off.

Another thing is what if a person realistically cant go abroad? Due to financial/health reasons etc. What happens and in what semester does it count in?

Any ex HPSS students or 4th years out there that can share their experience of their ordeal, where they went, why, etc etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Robbknoll wrote: »
    Hey,

So from the UL site it gives me this "In Semesters 4 and 5 students go on an off-campus programme.The off-campus programme typically consists of a combination of either paid employment or voluntary work, and a study abroad placement in either Europe or North America."

So thats the end of year 2 and the start of year 3. What I was wondering was what happens during the summer months? People I have chatted too havent really given me a definate answer but im guessing its time off.

Another thing is what if a person realistically cant go abroad? Due to financial/health reasons etc. What happens and in what semester does it count in?

Any ex HPSS students or 4th years out there that can share their experience of their ordeal, where they went, why, etc etc.

It depends. People generally only do 6/7 month co-op placements (JAnuary-june typically) so then you're off until you head on Erasmus which is generally start of September/Mid September depending.

You won't get out of it for financial reasons. It's very difficult to get out of. You do get a grant to go though, a little over 1000 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Robbknoll wrote: »
    Due to financial/health reasons etc.

It is possible to request not to go on Erasmus on health grounds.
    However this doesn't happen very often, and you would require a genuine medical condition (i.e. if you're posting here you've probably already answered your own question)

Advertisement