Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

social welfare

Options
  • 29-03-2012 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

hey all
    Can anyone please answer this question for me please

i was on the dole (back to education ) received my 500 allowance ,sadly collage didnt work out , so i signed off the dole , and left for the uk that was in dec 2011,while away iv received letters saying i was over payed 500, im looking to return to Ireland ,and sign back on to the dole while looking for work eg,what will happen once i sign back on will the dole take a small amount weekly from my payments to make up the 500 ?? alson can anyone tell me as i only left the country for 4 months am i still able to sign back on, and will i be waiting 12 weeks for a payment

it would be really great full if someone could tell me

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Start here http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Publications/SW2/Pages/2HowwillIrepaytheoverpayment.aspx

yes you can sign back on as for waiting times I have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭chippy12

mp22 wrote: »
    Start here http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Publications/SW2/Pages/2HowwillIrepaytheoverpayment.aspx

yes you can sign back on as for waiting times I have no idea.

thanks very much that was very help full uv put my mind at rest

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sbell2205

ok, when we are on the topic of social welfare, does anybody know..
    I am a mature student 1st year, in receipt of a grant €331 a month. Can a mature student claim other social welfare over the summer period. I will be working but possibly only a few days p/week. Considering having to go abroad to try and make enough money to get me through my next year. Any information would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

sbell2205 wrote: »
    I am a mature student 1st year, in receipt of a grant €331 a month. Can a mature student claim other social welfare over the summer period. I will be working but possibly only a few days p/week. Considering having to go abroad to try and make enough money to get me through my next year. Any information would be appreciated.

As far as I know, no. You need to be out of full-time education for a certain length of time before you are entitled to most SW payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

sbell2205 wrote: »

If you meet the relevant criteria to be eligible for Jobseekers Allowance, your studies would not be an obstacle.

JA Disqualification - course of study

The legislation also provides that a person shall be disqualified from receipt of Jobseeker's Allowance while attending a course of study (including school/college holiday periods), except in such circumstances as may be prescribed. The exceptions to this disqualifications are :
    persons aged 21 years or over who have been in receipt of JA/ JB for at least 6 months and who are participating in approved courses of education, training or development (as per above), and
    mature students, i.e. persons over 23 years of age on or before 1st January in the year in which the course of study commences.
    Deciding Officers should note that disqualification while attending a course of study is completely separate from the availability condition. As mature students are exempted from this disqualification, they may be entitled to Jobseeker's Allowance during the summer holiday periods if they satisfy the availability condition in the normal way.

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Jobseekers-Allowance.aspx

• Advertisement
Advertisement