Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mkv to avi

Options
  • 29-03-2012 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

hi guys,im trying to convert some mkv files to avi and downloaded formatfactory to do the task,it works well aside of the fact that the file ends up with subtitles encoded on to it which i dont need or want,i have had a good google and its a common problem it seems,there is another program that i could download and run the file through it to remove the subs and then convert the file but im not going down that road as it may or may not work,what im looking for is a simple easy to use program that will do the job,the files will be put on a friends ps3,i could stream them from the pc to the ps3 if it were for myself but i will have to convert these,i have used covertx to convert them to vob and although it works the files are big and i have to then rename the files to xxxx.1,xxxx.2 and so on and the film will have to be played in 2 or 3 different parts,im looking for the easy way to do it as i find a lot of software to be very time consuming frustrating and usless,if anyone has done the conversion and found a handy bit of software to do the job they might let me know.regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

Try MKV2VOB if you are looking to convert MKV files to play on the PS3 - not sure if it can remove subtitles but have you tried turning subtitles off from the PS3`s menu`s? I used this software to convert MKV`s a couple of years ago (before I got my WDTV live) and had no issues with subtitles

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

Try MKV2VOB if you are looking to convert MKV files to play on the PS3 - not sure if it can remove subtitles but have you tried turning subtitles off from the PS3`s menu`s? I used this software to convert MKV`s a couple of years ago (before I got my WDTV live) and had no issues with subtitles
    hi,than ks,will give that one a go,i think i might have that program buired on the pc somewhere as its ringing a bell,regards

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

no probs - let me know how you get on:-)

Advertisement