Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ORIGINAL XBOX CASE MOD

Options
  • 29-03-2012 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Wondering if anyone has done this before? I want to replace the xbox's original casing with a brand new housing. Can't Seem to find a good guide online that strips the Xbox completely and guides you through the installation of the new case. Would appreciate any help as I'm eager to make a start to this.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Spocker

I've done it before, theres not that many pieces to the actual case - are you planning on removing/replacing the bottom?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭oneillryano

Spocker wrote: »
    I've done it before, theres not that many pieces to the actual case - are you planning on removing/replacing the bottom?
    I am. Planning on replacing the full case

• Moderators Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Spocker

The bottom is the hardest, thats what the motherboard and shrouds are all attached to. I won't say it's too difficult though, but I haven't done it myself - I'd be interested in seeing how you get on, post up some pictures...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

its easy peasy. just need torx bits to get the screws out - don't try to do it with Philips or anything like that, you will only break the screw.

1. Take the 6 x T20 screws out, remove top cover.
    2. 2 x T10 screws holding hdd and dvd drive.
    3. few more T10 screws holding psu and mobo.

all done

• Registered Users Posts: 5 zeroqi

pull rubber feet on the side closer to the console border, thqat give you 4 screws, two are hidden in the center behind the stickers, but you can unscrew through them... hold the sticker while unscrrewing through it and you will have a clean hole (move a roundy object to push and round the sticker back in so it is neat after puting screws back in)... the rest will pose no issue...

get the center screws out(torx two sizes smaller), remove the hdd bezel part, remove two screws on both sides of the cdrom close to the front....

• Advertisement
Advertisement