Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving up the sauce

Options
  • 29-03-2012 4:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just looking for a bit of advice on quitting the booze. Decided I'd like to get healthier and wealthier so want to knock the drinking on the head. I often have a drink or two in the evenings, more out of habit than anything else, and when dinner time comes I can feel the auld 'oh its time for a drink' rising.

What do people do to distract themselves when they first quit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Hey,

Just looking for a bit of advice on quitting the booze. Decided I'd like to get healthier and wealthier so want to knock the drinking on the head. I often have a drink or two in the evenings, more out of habit than anything else, and when dinner time comes I can feel the auld 'oh its time for a drink' rising.

What do people do to distract themselves when they first quit? I live overseas in a place where I can't really go out after dark so I'm home on my own from 6pm onwards every evening. On the weekends I've taken up swimming and have plenty to keep myself busy in the daytime but not sure what to do be doing with myself in the evening.

Also how long do cravings last? A week? A month? I'm guessing it varies person-by-person but any experiences shared would be great. Thanks.

We are not allowed by forum rules to give advice on stopping alcohol drinking,But there are some good informative posts here if you read them,keeping busy is good and good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Hey,

What do people do to distract themselves when they first quit?

Have a look at your face in the mirror.

Advertisement