Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probably a logistical nightmare, but...

Options
  • 29-03-2012 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

It occurs to me that a lot of people from this forum end up in France around the same time during the summer. Would it be impossible to organise a French Boardsie hookup? Pick a campsite, set a date, bring the kids, the dog, a bottle of wine and a sense of humour? Just throwing this out there to see what people think. It'd be good to put faces to names and have a few laughs in the sun while doing so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

Many years ago one would place a copy of MMM on the dashboard of their camper, which was an invitation to others to join them if in the same site. Yes I agree with Neonjack, that it would be nice for some members to sit down in the evening with other members from the Forum and share their experiences and travel suggestions on the area that they are staying in, or even a good restaurant in the area.
    Some members wish to remain anonymous, so be it but lets have a way of letting other members know that they are also members Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

has there ever been a boardsie meet up? I've met a good few here in work , but otherwise I'd rarely if ever be on a campsite .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Don't think so. Wondered about it when I've been on sites though, if I'd recognise a camper or if anyone was a boardsie.

We should get some stickers made up or summit, so we'd spot each other easily.

IrishGoatman would be easy to spot tho. He'd be the one in the corner hiding away from all the noisy children.....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Be easier try organise it in Ireland first???
    Pick a campsite out of a hat (a hatful of previously determined top sites around Eire) each weekend for the summer and see who turns up!!
    Marty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

• Advertisement
Advertisement