Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information about Java GUI

Options
  • 28-03-2012 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello I'm currently trying to complete a project for one of my modules in college and am struggling to complete it. Thought I would try here to see if anyone could give me some guidance/pointers.

Here is the goal of the program.
    I want the program to execute five different functions, the functions in themselves are not I problem, I have each program running successfully on there own in the cmd window.

What I need to do is design a GUI to allow a user to select a file for the a function to edit, and then select which function they want to use on the file. The functions will edit an audio file to: loop it, silence a section etc. So the user would have to either click on which function they want to use or press 'this key' to 'do this function'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks Nanornai :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

How about a little GUI with a few buttons. Add an action listener to each button. Now just paste the code for the programs you already have working into each button event. Might take a bit of an edit here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nanornai

Ya that sounds ideal, what would be the simplest way of going about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nanornai

Thanks, I think I'm sorted, (god bless google) it was 'action listener' that made all the difference so thanks for your help!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭WolfgangWeisen

Swing + action listeners are what you're looking for.

There is a Sound API in Java also which will perform the functions you're looking for.

Advertisement