Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRRS Farewell Tour - Sat.31st March, 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,025 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Just a heads up that the IRRS are running a Farewell to the 2700 class Nenagh branch this weekend. Details here: http://www.irrs.ie/Journal%20176/FORM%2012%2002%20%20%20%202700%20OUTING.pdf

Too late for your ticket, man :D Booking closed a week last Tuesday for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Very sad - Rail Gourmet are going to be busy! Still, like most Irish enthusiasts you could always chase the special rather than travel on it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,025 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Very sad - Rail Gourmet are going to be busy! Still, like most Irish enthusiasts you could always chase the special rather than travel on it. :D

Oh yeah; the, ahem, "art" of being too cheapskate to pay for a ticket to travel on the trains you love photography.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

chickdinner_l2xk.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

More like this for the 2700's . :D

1hs39h.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭topnotch

socks1.jpg

Cue Victor....:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

and Tarquin....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Ted Mosby

Partizan wrote: »

I don't know what's more tired, the chicken joke or that.

I haven't been to the IRRS in over ten years but I'd rather meet them in real life than a bunch of interwebbers who are as funny as cancer.

Ted Mosby wrote: »
    I don't know what's more tired, the chicken joke or that.

I haven't been to the IRRS in over ten years but I'd rather meet them in real life than a bunch of interwebbers who are as funny as cancer.

Lighten up would you - every bloody post on this Forum doesn't have to be po-faced - or perhaps it does? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

more young stock going off in to (storage) give it a few years and they will be banished off to the gass torch and the scrap yard. good old IE.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

why anyone would go out of their way to travel on a feckin railcar is beyond me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

more young stock going off in to (storage) give it a few years and they will be banished off to the gass torch and the scrap yard. good old IE.
    I noticed they are building a big wall blocking people on trains from seeing what is being done in Inchicore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

More like this for the 2700's . :D

1hs39h.jpg

Not at all it wil be the best rail gourmet has to offer 198222.jpg

But don't forget to throw them out after about two hours as in this heat with no refrigeration the auld sandwiches don't last long before they are poisonous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭dmcronin

why anyone would go out of their way to travel on a feckin railcar is beyond me...

Same reason people used flagellate themselves IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭CaptainFreedom

dmcronin wrote: »
    Same reason people used flagellate themselves IMO.

They are happy, leave them to it, nobody is obliged to go on the tour

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Partizan wrote: »
    Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

foggy_lad wrote: »
    I noticed they are building a big wall blocking people on trains from seeing what is being done in Inchicore!

Yes i noticed this myself when i was on a 22k a couple of weeks back.It's pathetic to admit but i always enjoy going by Inchicore on the way to Dublin and back just to get a quick look at whatever locos are outside the sheds and the 121 which can barely be seen and the stored 201s down the back of the site

Advertisement