Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some costume props

Options
  • 28-03-2012 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Need to pick up a monocle, pocket watch, top hat and possibly a fake cigar, for as little outlay as possible. Any recommendations on where to get these in London?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

serrity wrote: »
    Folks,

Need to pick up a monocle, pocket watch, top hat and possibly a fake cigar, for as little outlay as possible. Any recommendations on where to get these in London?

There is a cheap fancy dress supplies shop that should have at least some of those things in stock on Kilburn High Road. If you're coming along on Saturday I can see what I can find and pick 'em up for you during the day.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Is this the look you're going for?

meh.ro8975.jpg

Fysh, if you're having trouble finding things on Sat in Kilburn I might be around West Hampstead and can check the charity shops there too so let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Well thank you both for offering to shop for me. I owe you at least a drink on Saturday, depending on what you come up with. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

You can get a cheap pocket watch at the markets the sellers get them on ebay for not much so you should get one for less than a 10er.

Im sure you will find the others in a fancy dress shop.

Advertisement