Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leasing grazing land

Options
  • 28-03-2012 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone, Just wondering if any one can tell me how much an acre should i be asking to lease my Mothers land for grazing. She currently has it leased for €120 an acre for 10 years which is nearly up. We're not sure should we ask for more or what the going rate is. Its good quality land and has been reseeded. Theres fifty acres there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Attie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Attie

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭stanflt

Den C wrote: »
    Hi everyone, Just wondering if any one can tell me how much an acre should i be asking to lease my Mothers land for grazing. She currently has it leased for €120 an acre for 10 years which is nearly up. We're not sure should we ask for more or what the going rate is. Its good quality land and has been reseeded. Theres fifty acres there.

where are you located

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Den C

Located in North Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭6480

Den C wrote: »
    Located in North Cork.

who reseeded it and when

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

If the farmer who is leaseing it is reseeding it keeping it in good order etc I stay with him and if he is giving you 120 an acre I would not push him too much on it as it sounds as if he pays on time. You might get 150-170/acre from another farmer who will not look after it as well be slow to pay the rent and for the last year or two he is renting treat it badly so that he can rent it on the cheap next time

• Registered Users Posts: 28 farmer1990

Are these prices with maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭adne

farmer1990 wrote: »
    Are these prices with maps?

No

Advertisement