Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs with beer garden in city

Options
  • 28-03-2012 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

Looking for list of pubs with beer garden in Cork city area. This weather will have me thirsty at about 12 tomorrow;)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Franciscan Well, Tom Barry's and Fionbarra's would be the first to come to mind, no idea which of those are open at 12 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Jason1984 wrote: »
    Franciscan Well, Tom Barry's and Fionbarra's would be the first to come to mind, no idea which of those are open at 12 though.

+1 to all those. Also the rooftop bar Suas. Not sure about being open at 12 either though, although I think I've been in Fionbarra's beer garden before for day drinking :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Electric will be open for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

The Sextant has a decent beer garden...not 100% sure if open then though.

Should be, they serve lunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

The River Lee Hotel is another one that has an outdoor area that gets the sun into the evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

+1 to all those. Also the rooftop bar Suas. Not sure about being open at 12 either though, although I think I've been in Fionbarra's beer garden before for day drinking :D

I think Suas open at 10.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Electric or that another one opposite lifestyle sports on Patrick Street for me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,689 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Are there any pubs in the city with outdoor beer-gardens?

I know Franciscan Well, Tom Barry's and Fionbarra's all have beer-gardens but they all have rooves as far as I know..

I suppose they've rooves cos Ireland's not exactly known for its great weather and wouldn't make much sense to have one uncovered the whole time.

But I'd be curious if theres any exception at all?

At least half of Tom Barry's should be outdoors. Electric is, the Sextant have an open section, and Crane Lane has an open one when the weather is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Fionn's is savage actually too, half it is not roofed

Cheers!

Just goes to show how observant I am!

Might check out the roof-gardens in those pubs so..

I'll call it research! :P

* beer-gardens even

But theres a few pubs with roof-gardens alright too isnt there?

Suas and think the Bowery does but thats another discussion!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking Fionn Barras alright but last time i was out back i had a blanket:) and i thought it was covered in too. Definitely looking for a sunny spot. Forgot about The Sextant little beer garden.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭iliketeaandcake

Annie Macs on Bandon Road. Haven't been there in years though. If you're out that direction Flannery's in Glasheen does food and opens early think you can sit outside. No 10 bus stops outside too if you want to go straight into town.
    Bar Pigalle beside Tom Barry's has a nice little space out the back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuzz McG

You can sit outside Triskel Christchurch with beer/food from the café inside. Not exactly a pub but probably one of the sunniest spots for a drink in the city centre.

As for traditional pubs with beer garden: Franciscan Well, Fionn Barras, Tom Barrys, Electric, Flying Enterprise (tho that's all concrete). You can sit outside places like the Raven, Beirhaus and Roundy and a few others too but I suppose those don't count as proper beer gardens!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

The boardwalk gets sun all day till about 7 and always lots of free tables

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ And they have table service!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Anyone remember the Tower bar on Tower street?
    Proper beer garden - grass and old ESB cable drums as tables.
    Add bulmers + sunshine, priceless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

langdang wrote: »
    Anyone remember the Tower bar on Tower street?
    Proper beer garden - grass and old ESB cable drums as tables.
    Add bulmers + sunshine, priceless.

Oh yes indeed savage pub pity that closed :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Volovo

The sunshine during the week was fantastic! The only time I will drink cider :P

Advertisement