Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAS Courses

Options
  • 28-03-2012 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

I missed the Manual & Computerised Payroll & Accounts in my local FAS. It starts next Monday and they've already done the accessment for it :mad:

I wanna do a FAS Course as I don't think I'll have much longer on JSB and I don't think I'll qualify for JSA.

Do these courses come up often??
    There was 3 courses in the 3 local towns - but all start on Monday :mad:

I've seen that they have Bookkeeping Module A - which is followed by Module B in the evenings 2 nights a week - what are these courses like. What happens with JSB does anyone know??

Are FETAC Minor Award Level 5 not a full Level 5??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

If you go to their website you can see a full list of the courses, locations and dates for the year ahead. There seems to be courses starting every few weeks.
    Your best bet though is to drop into your local fas office and make an appointment ot talk to someone. They'll sit down with you and help you sort it out taking into consideration your change over to JSA. I've found them really nice, especially if you're calling in of your own free will and genuinely want to do a course.
    Done a few evening courses myself, the day ones tend to have a longer waiting list. Evening ones are grand, not as much covered though and no certification, but you get the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭case_sensitive

I used to teach IT courses for FAS (working for a contracted commercial training company), and while we had assessments that the students theoretically had to pass, the local FAS offices would frequently throw bodies into it, including after it had started to get numbers up.
    They're not great by email or phone, your best bet is to go into the training office and meet with the recruitment person and ask nicely.

Advertisement