Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timmy Dooley On Vincent Brown

Options
  • 28-03-2012 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

So did anyone else see this? BRUTAL! I have to say I cringed a bit watching it. It was like watching an episode of a Ricky Gervais sit-com with a really awkward moment where you don't want to even look directly at the screen, but do and you just have to laugh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭golfball37

We elected him and returned him knowing what he was like and after how he voted agaionst Shannon Airport & Ennis hospital. Thats 100 times more embarrassing than anything Timmy has said or done including this, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

I watched this at the time,while i was also keeping an eye on Twitter. a moment to forget for Dooley and one the electoralials shouldnt,especially Mna na Heireann:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

golfball37 wrote: »
    We elected him and returned him knowing what he was like and after how he voted agaionst Shannon Airport & Ennis hospital. Thats 100 times more embarrassing than anything Timmy has said or done including this, imo.

We didn't, some of us had more sense but sadly there are enough gombeens out there to have put him back in. Hope they realise now what they voted for.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭golden8

I certainly did not vote him in and he did not get in first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

golden8 wrote: »
    I certainly did not vote him in and he did not get in first round.

Nor the second count, nor the third, nor the fourth, nor the fifth, nor the sixth, nor the seventh, nor the eight, nor the ninth, nor the tenth, nor the eleventh. Elected in the twelfth count, without reaching the quota. But still made FF Vice President. Says it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

While I think it was an unfortunate turn of phrase that Dooley used, watching that segment made me cringe .... not because of Dooley, but because of Brown. Dooley should have admitted he misspoke when he used 'hiding' and explained what he actually meant ..... which he eventually did, but too late.

Brown was being downright stupidly aggressive and put the expression of a personal opinion onto 'the party'.

While I may think Dooley is a waste of space as a representative for the area, Brown in this case, IMO, needed someone who was capable of being as loud and aggressive as himself to show him how bloody stupid he was being.

He showed himself as an ignorant git.

.... and no, most definitely I did not vote for Dooley .... ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

Like it not Dooley will be a shoein the next time, firstly because he is in opposition so can't be blamed for anything, secondly because FF will probably bounce back a bit next time and thirdly because there are so few FF TD's in the country he has a high profile now as an opposition spokesperson and is frequently seen on TV = plenty of positive publicity.

Dooley is by far the highest profile TD in Clare at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Notice how he starts swallowing more and more as he realises he's caught out. He was so cock -sure of himself at the start.It's good to see the likes of him squirm,however how many of the voters of Clare will have seen that. even if they have,do they care? They voted him back in despite the Shannon vote.
    That surprised me I must say.
    It's up to good people in all constituencies o be more proactive in getting these people out,otherwise the likes of Timmy will get elected by default.
    As someone said, he got elected on the 12th count without reaching the quota.
    Depressing:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Well I suppose this is a traditionally FF county so there were always a few gombeens out there who still don't get that FF wrecked the country and were led by crooks and conmen for more yeaers than not.

John Hillery was very near Dooley in the vote pity he didn't make it, Dooley is your typical useless FF TD who toes the party line and follows them to hell. Regarding what happens in his county - Dooley doesn't give a ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

Dooley is by far the highest profile TD in Clare at the moment.
    i actually had to think for a second who the others are again, complete non entities

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sasol

When did he vote against Ennis hospital?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

sasol wrote: »
    When did he vote against Ennis hospital?

Right here is why he keeps getting elected. ;)

In 2003 the Hanley Report downgraded Ennis General Hospital to the level of a Local Hospital, with a Nurse Led Minor Injury Unit (8am to 8pm) to replace Accident & Emergency Services. The he High Dependency Unit (formerly Intensive Care Unit) and Psychiatric Unit were both transfered to Limerick Regional. The Mammography Unit was closed and the equipment was sent to a PRIVATE hospital in Limerick, which is a travesty all on it's own (I'll come back to that).

Services at the Ennis Hospital are now less than 10% of what had been there in 2002. This was done under the previous FF government and Dooley did NOTHING to stop this. In fact, he supported the report and refused to raise a finger to stop this from happening, which is why they have now made him FF Vice President, since he is obviously willing to screw his own constituents when it comes to choosing between the party and the health needs of people in his own county.

Back to the mammogram unit - does everyone here know the full story on this? Why it is such a travesty? There was no such unit in the Ennis hospital for many years. Then back in the 90's a local lady got breast cancer. The thing was, she was on the waiting list to be seen in Limerick and if they had been able to see her a few months earlier they would have been able to help her, but because there were no resources in Clare, it became terminal. Before she died she helped raise awareness and ran a campaign to raise the money to put a mammogram unit in Ennis hospital so this would not happen to any other Clare women. The money that paid for the unit and the equipment was raised from the general public of Clare via donations.

FF then came in and said they were moving the unit to a PRIVATE HOSPITAL (only accepting patients with private insurance) in Limerick. We protested this if you can recall just a few years ago when they were slated to do this. FF were cute about it, they said fine, we won't move the unit, then said they would however FIRE ALL STAFF that work there and close the unit, which they did. Then, a few weeks later in the dead of night they sent moving trucks in and ripped out all the equipment and took it to the private hospital in Limerick anyway. It was paid for by the people, yet FF had no problem 'donating' our publicly funded equipment to a private medical group who now has it, in Limerick, leaving the women of Clare vulnerable once again.

Timmy sat by and did nothing, supported the report, never raised a finger, and obviously knew it was going to happen the way it did as they wouldn't have sent moving trucks in without alerting him to the issue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

When the Booz report suggested that the DAA management of Shannon Airport was not the best thing and Shannon should be able to manage it's own affairs, Timmy Dooley spun the whole thing to suggest the government wants to drop Shannon and let it die.
    I also remember years ago an interview with Tony Killeen on Matt Cooper about the enforced stopover at Shannon, Cooper suggested that maybe dropping the stopover and encouraging new business from Europe and the UK would be a good thing, but Killeen's reply was "no, the stopover is the way to go"
    People who have never left the county, have no business sense, only got in because people had FF bate into them along with the church voted for them and they happened to be the biggest cute hoors out there.
    And the thanks we got?
    A knife in the back at every turn.
    This 1950's idea of "we'll vote the biggest codger in, he'll be a cute hoor and get us all the breaks and advantages" doesn't work, that codger will get himself all the breaks and advantages and gladly hang the people who voted for him for a bigger office with a mahagony desk.
    People are waking up to it, the country has seen what happens with cute hoor politics, but is it only the usualy blip, vote in FG when FF has gone to far and next election, or the one after that if it's really bad, ah come back here, sure we can't stay mad at ye, of course we want you back.
    Will it ever change?

People who have never left the county, have no business sense, only got in because people had FF bate into them along with the church voted for them and they happened to be the biggest cute hoors out there.

I do so love this clip because it is so spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭invpat

Finding anybody that voted FF in 1997,2002 and 2007 is becoming ever more difficult.Bertie and his mob (Dooley included) did as much damage to the health service both in Clare and Ireland before the election in 2007 yet the Irish electorate still voted them in.Actually I never voted FF or FG in my life but in 1994 I voted Labour and got FF and in 2007 I voted Green and got FF.Politics in this country is utterly incompetent and corrupt a frightening combination.As voters we may not know what we get when we vote but one thing we do know is that politicians will feather there own nest and those of their followers and supporters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 roosterbooster

what did we expect from timmy going on past performances?

Saturday December 10 2011
    A TD last night said he mistakenly voted in place of an absent colleague.
    Fianna Fail's Timmy Dooley said he mistakenly voted for party colleague, Limerick TD Niall Collins, on the Social Welfare Bill.
    Mr Dooley said he initially sat in Mr Collins's seat by mistake and voted. He then moved to his own seat and voted again.
    The Clare TD insisted he noticed the mistake himself, and notified Chief Whip Paul Kehoe and the clerk of the Dail, and the record was corrected. Fine Gael's James Bannon said he noticed the mistake, too.

and then a few months earlier....

Deputy Dooley and his Fianna Fail party colleague Frank Fahey claim they pushed the wrong button in the electronic vote on holding an immediate by-election in Donegal South West.
    The vote was drawn 76-76 before the casting vote of the Ceann Comhairle Seamus Kirk prevented further embarrassment and a defeat for the Government.
    Minister Mary Hanafin has described the errors by Deputies Dooley and Fahey as “not good enough” and “never acceptable”. Meanwhile, Government Chief Whip John Curran said he would meet with both T.D.’s later today. He added : “My understanding is this was a genuine mistake but either way it’s not good enough”.

Deputy Dooley last night told The Irish Times newspaper that he and Mr Fahey had made a mistake. He commented: “I pressed the wrong button in error. I assume it’ll be taken as error. The two of us were located side by side. We were talking. We’d arrived late and we pressed the wrong button.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Small, far away , Dougal.. I mean Timmy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

what did we expect from timmy going on past performances?

Saturday December 10 2011
    A TD last night said he mistakenly voted in place of an absent colleague.
    Fianna Fail's Timmy Dooley said he mistakenly voted for party colleague, Limerick TD Niall Collins, on the Social Welfare Bill.
    Mr Dooley said he initially sat in Mr Collins's seat by mistake and voted. He then moved to his own seat and voted again.
    The Clare TD insisted he noticed the mistake himself, and notified Chief Whip Paul Kehoe and the clerk of the Dail, and the record was corrected. Fine Gael's James Bannon said he noticed the mistake, too.

and then a few months earlier....

Deputy Dooley and his Fianna Fail party colleague Frank Fahey claim they pushed the wrong button in the electronic vote on holding an immediate by-election in Donegal South West.
    The vote was drawn 76-76 before the casting vote of the Ceann Comhairle Seamus Kirk prevented further embarrassment and a defeat for the Government.
    Minister Mary Hanafin has described the errors by Deputies Dooley and Fahey as “not good enough” and “never acceptable”. Meanwhile, Government Chief Whip John Curran said he would meet with both T.D.’s later today. He added : “My understanding is this was a genuine mistake but either way it’s not good enough”.

Deputy Dooley last night told The Irish Times newspaper that he and Mr Fahey had made a mistake. He commented: “I pressed the wrong button in error. I assume it’ll be taken as error. The two of us were located side by side. We were talking. We’d arrived late and we pressed the wrong button.”

That's why even your friends refer to you as Timmy Fooley:D:D

So he shows up late, has no clue what is going on, is chatting away to another guy and then just clicks a random button to vote having no idea what he is voting for or against as is he more worried about getting his minimum votes in so he will be paid.

Fine job there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

CptSternn wrote: »
    So he shows up late, has no clue what is going on, is chatting away to another guy and then just clicks a random button to vote having no idea what he is voting for or against as is he more worried about getting his minimum votes in so he will be paid.

Fine job there.

Odds on him getting back in next time round would still be pretty good I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭haybob

I didn't vote no1 for timmy dooley but to honest I'm almost sorry I didn't, he made a compleat ass of himself on vincent brown but has any other clare TD done any better

Michael McNamara has had his clock cleaned on vinny too the FG lads don't be on infact I haven't see either of them anywhere since the election

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Ettellig

Wasn't he Bertie's spy in FF?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

when you said meltdown i thought he was going to shout back, hardly a meltdown in fairness

btw - i'm surprised anyone appears on Vincent Brown's show, with his OTT hyper aggressive interview manner

Advertisement