Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make 4 Windows Phone Apps = Get a Nokia Lumia

Options
  • 28-03-2012 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭

Become a Windows Phone App VIP, win a Nokia Lumia and much more!

So the deal is if you make 4 new apps and submit them to the marketplace before June 22nd you win a free windows phone. Simple as

http://www.microsoft.com/Ireland/AppMeUp/

The website basicly has all information available even if you never had designed application before for any platform or never did for Windows Phone.

This supposedly is the deal Microsoft and Nokia had to invest 25 million to accelerate the growth off apps, seems like a no brainer :) lets you earn money and earn a free phone :)

If your a student you can sign up through https://www.dreamspark.com/Product/Product.aspx?productid=26

Get a free licence for a year to be a developer and publish apps to the marketplace for free (otherwise its 99 euro for the year)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Would love to but after almost three weeks of trying it looks like the SDK and Visual Studio for Windows mobile wont install on my Windows Vista laptop. Weird and very very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

So they are paying about e100 per app? That isn't a very good deal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

srsly78 wrote: »
    So they are paying about e100 per app? That isn't a very good deal :D

Well go code on a different platform and you might not get nothing :) Depending on what your making.

You get a free phone and keep revenues of your own app. Seems like a sweet deal to me.

For some one who's familiar with coding for WP7 it should be a no brainer, or even porting iOS or Android applications as the tools are there to help ya port it and match various api's and stuff.

There are no tools available to convert my android code to windows phone... What are you talking about? There aren't even tools available to convert my normal windows desktop stuff!

There are no tools available to convert my android code to windows phone... What are you talking about? There aren't even tools available to convert my normal windows desktop stuff!

I never mentioned code, there are tools to help you port it.

• Advertisement

Porting involves rewriting code... You can easily port windows .net code to windows phone, but that's about it.

You mean tools to write it from scratch.

Porting involves rewriting code... You can easily port windows .net code to windows phone, but that's about it.

You mean tools to write it from scratch.

Ech your hard to communicate with...

Maybe this will explain better what I mean. Its an old CNET post (outdated now) but will give some idea.

That just means they have written good documentation.

That just means they have written good documentation.

Whatever dude. I don't really care what you think. Tools are out there for some one to claim their free stuff and start developing. Weather starting fresh or coming from a different platform. Id thought id just share this.

So if you don't like it, click a button like this -> capturenbv.png

It really isn't that impressive evo. Competing platforms supply their tools for free already. Android registration costs e10 for life. This is just another lame marketing effort, like their "smoked by windows phone" thing.

I will however probably be releasing stuff for this. Only because I am developing for xna desktop stuff tho.

How many unsold windows phones does your shop have btw?

• Advertisement

Seriously (ironic) how about you stop trolling the thread now with pointless replies, cause this is not the subject of the original post. The subject was to tell the devs or those who want to start of the offer.

Weather they want to take it up or not is their choice. Not yours

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

How about ye both stop & take this argument outside.
    (or at least somewhere private)
    This is going nowhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement