Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you identify these camper bulbs ?

Options
  • 28-03-2012 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭

Hi im replacing my Talbot Express campers bulbs with led's - ive done the headlights, indicators, brake, fog, and reversing. But i cant figure out the name of the side light bulb and side indicator bulb (see images below) any help welcome.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

looks like 5w capless
    pull the glass bit it should slip out of the plastic holder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Sound thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Mech1 wrote: »
    looks like 5w capless
    pull the glass bit it should slip out of the plastic holder.

Yup. Them be capless alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

why as a matter of interest are you replacimhg all them with LEDs? I'd sooner replace all the internal ones . And where did you get a H4 LED bulb for the headlight , and whats the light like?

My camper has really low light from all the bulbs so for safety im changing them to brighter led's ... I got " OSRAM H4 NIGHTBREAKER HEADLIGHT BULBS" from ebay €15 for pack of two to the door and the light is as it says 90% brighter than what I took out (now spares kept in cab for future) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

ah , they're not LEDs , they're halogen . Just as well , as LED H4s are supposed to be worse than sh1te... I assume you kept to 60/55w? Any mor will probably melt your wiring/and or headlight switch .

Yeah Aidan kept the wattage the same ... everything but headlights to led's ( a pic of one of the brake led's below)

Advertisement