Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25% off code for www.mymemory.co.uk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

was just about to post this myself, site keeps crashing though so will have to leave it until the morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I think the site has crashed.
    I'm getting "Error 503 Service Unavailable"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yeah me too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

ditto. they're probably getting hammered by the billions of people trying to avail of the discount. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

Sporadic accessibility at the moment. from not being able to load the page to being unable to add to cart to not showing cart.

Stop hammering you guys. I need a 32gb Micro SD card here. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Have they done the old trick of whacking up prices just before starting the 25% Off sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

whats the name of that site that sells cheap memory and we can compare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Site is going painfully slow for me. I gave up trying to browse it.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭sk282

Have they done the old trick of whacking up prices just before starting the 25% Off sale?

Yes, I think they have...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cros

Seems so. The MyMemory 32Gb Class 10 SDHC is now £23.96, but was about £19 when I was looking at it last week.

Still, that works out at maybe £1 cheaper overall!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

will the fatcheese 5% back work with this?
    also are the MyMemory class 10 memory cards really class 10 speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cros

Scruff wrote: »
    also are the MyMemory class 10 memory cards really class 10 speed?

Some reviews say yes, others say no. In the end I went for the £37 SanDisk 32Gb UHS-I from Amazon instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Ordered the "Kingston 8GB DataTraveler 101 G2 USB Flash Drive - Red - 4 Pack" yesterday. Marked as dispatched already.

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/USB-Flash-Drives/Kingston/Kingston-8GB-DataTraveler-101-G2-USB-Flash-Drive---Red---4-Pack?currency=GBP#

showing up as £19.20, adds to cart at £16, reduced to £12 with the voucher, + £2 delivery

£14 all in for a 4 pack of 8gb usb sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

I'm sure there is some good value to be had, but it is worth checking amazon uk first as a point of reference. For example, with the 25% discount applied, the Crucial SSDs are considerably cheaper from amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,861 ✭✭✭Soarer

Their iPad prices ain't exactly competitive! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sapele

To me it it looks like a very expensive site for all sorts of things, had a look at games and memory and not impressed. Recently bought a 32 GB USB flash drive with 20 MB write speed off ebay for less than 20 euro (and if i had looked harder could have found better drives, which i found out later), maybe im missing something here and just not finding the bargins

• Registered Users Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

did you test the write speed? What did they charge for postage?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sapele

did you test the write speed? What did they charge for postage?

no havnt actually used it yet!, off the top of my head i think postage was 2 euro or so, it was a transcend jetflash or something close to that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭Invincible

This was €8.73 before the sale was announced, now €10.48 :rolleyes:

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/Integral/Integral-8GB-Micro-SDHC-Memory-Card-%2B-SD-Adapter---Class-10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Stuff is usually fairly good value there, but I agree with the above; their prices have gone up as I've been monitoring a few items over the past while.
    While the discount helps a lot their base prices are dear even in comparison with memoryc.com -and memoryc prices include 23% VAT while mymemory are charging none at all. Plus free delivery with memoryc vs £1.95.

You have to do better than that mymemory!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i think its hit and miss. I bought this http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/Lexar/Lexar-32GB-Micro-SD-Card-%28SDHC%29---Class-10-%2B-USB-Card-Reader and its worked out at about 20% cheaper than Amazon for the same card.

The 25% discount offer has been extended

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

750gb external drive on shop4memory.com (also known as memoryc.com)
    http://www.memoryc.com/storage/externalharddrives/750gbadatadashdrivedurablehd710usb3blueblack.html
    120e inc vat and delivery which I thought was dirt cheap as was looking to get it this morning.

However, the exact same drive is 109e incl delivery with that spring25 voucher code on mymemory. 140e without the voucher. Really too expensive without the voucher but with the discounts do seem to work out as mentioned earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

2TB USB 3.0 expansion drive for €112 inc discount code.

I'll have that thank you!:D

750gb external drive on shop4memory.com (also known as memoryc.com)
    http://www.memoryc.com/storage/externalharddrives/750gbadatadashdrivedurablehd710usb3blueblack.html
    120e inc vat and delivery which I thought was dirt cheap as was looking to get it this morning.

However, the exact same drive is 109e incl delivery with that spring25 voucher code on mymemory. 140e without the voucher. Really too expensive without the voucher but with the discounts do seem to work out as mentioned earlier.

But you should be aware that you can be charged customs from mymemory for any orders over €22!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭forfcksake

2TB USB 3.0 expansion drive for €112 inc discount code.

I'll have that thank you!:D
    Can you link that please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

forfcksake wrote: »
    Can you link that please?

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Desktop-Hard-Drives/Seagate/Seagate-2TB-Expansion-USB-3.0-Desktop-Hard-Drive

then just apply the discount code at checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Monotype wrote: »
    But you should be aware that you can be charged customs from mymemory for any orders over €22!

Sorry for just seeing this now, why do you think customs apply? theyre an irish based company.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

Sorry for just seeing this now, why do you think customs apply? theyre an irish based company.

Stock shipped from jersey.

• Advertisement

You must be thinking of memoryc.com?
    Memoryc AKA gobeyond AKA shop4memory are Irish.

mymemory is based in Jersey as dodzy says, which means that they ship items without charging VAT. It's outside the EU and can be charged for import duty and import VAT, so you could easily end up paying an additional 25%.
    Lots of companies do this, like some members of the Hut group (e.g., sendit ship from Jersey) or play.com which ship from Guernsey. They can easily undercut Irish and UK prices without VAT. Good if you're ordering cheap items, but prices are dearer most of the time if you factor in import charges when you go above the limit.

Advertisement