Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crimecall

Options
  • 27-03-2012 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hi folks
    I just caught a bit of crimecall there. Probably the first time i actually sat down and paid attention to it. but anyway they were reinacting a violent crime that happened to a couple in their house in a rural area and they went into detail of what the raiders did. it got me thinking though, is it wise to give out all the details of these crimes? could it not give criminals ideas on how to better cover their tracks?
    just curious to your own opinions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Rest assured most crooks are not that clever the few it may help would have got there on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Who is the presenter?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Topper7

Tis a pity they dont put it on the rte player. I know the telephone lines are only active for a few hours after the show but people could always call confidentional line. Also didnt they used to do a 10 min update about 2 hours after the show to tell people some of the info they had recieved and also to rerun any requested images/footage? Anyone know why they stopped this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Lads crimecall is very badly put together, 2 stupid public info pieces tonight, no real crime from the last month or two on the programme

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

liam7831 wrote: »
    Lads crimecall is very badly put together, 2 stupid public info pieces tonight, no real crime from the last month or two on the programme

Thanks for that insight... 3 years later...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

There is enough crime and cctv out there to fill a 24 hour channel with content. The stuff that appears on crimecall is carefully vetted and by the time it gets on tv nobody can remember anything about the day in question. AGS needs to drop this fear of offending or upsetting people and getting everything perfect. CCTV stills of criminals should be on public tv within days of the event. I'd send the cctv to all the local bookies and pubs too. Guaranteed many of the criminals would be recognised. But oh wait, data protection and all that nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

You mean something like this.

http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/news/6005-theft-from-car-at-shopping-centre-altona-north.html

Footage is less than a week old.

Advertisement