Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZyXEL P-660HN-T1A and PS3 trouble

Options
  • 27-03-2012 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

I recently got a new ZyXEL P-660HN-T1A router from eircom and every since then I have had major trouble trying to play MW3 on my ps3. Every other game I have works fine but MW3 just gets stuck on the "fetching online profile" screen and never loads. I have got my ps3 on a reserved ip on the router and forwarded all the correct ports for mw3, which was verified by an eircom employee on the phone.

Has anyone ever had this problem? Or know what's causing it?
    A fix to this would be fantastic.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

A friend had the same problem with eircom and mw3 and it was the routers firewall that was causing the problem, he had to lower the security level of the firewall and it worked perfectly after

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Darkostica

I've already lowered the firewall to the "low" setting... should I set it to off? Is that safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Turn the firewall on the router completely off just to see if thats the problem anyways

ok will do. I'll write back here and let you know.

Simply Red wrote: »
    Turn the firewall on the router completely off just to see if thats the problem anyways

PPPoE won't work for me at all and turning off the firewall hasn't changed anything. Has anyone got any recommendations for me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Darkostica wrote: »
    Hi,

I recently got a new ZyXEL P-660HN-T1A router from eircom and every since then I have had major trouble trying to play MW3 on my ps3. Every other game I have works fine but MW3 just gets stuck on the "fetching online profile" screen and never loads. I have got my ps3 on a reserved ip on the router and forwarded all the correct ports for mw3, which was verified by an eircom employee on the phone.

Has anyone ever had this problem? Or know what's causing it?
    A fix to this would be fantastic.

Thanks

Hi Darkostica,

Thanks for posting on boards.ie.

The following post on our Forum may help you with your PS3 setup -

community.eircom.net

You shouldn't need to turn off the firewall on the modem, though it may be helpful to open ports or change the NAT settings. The link above may help you with this. eircom Technical Support don't directly support games console setup, beyond advising you to lower the firewall setting on the router.

Let me know if this helps or if you find a solution. If you need me to check that broadband is connecting fine, just PM your phone number.

You can also contact eircom Technical Support directly -

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 8am - 10pm (7 days).

Best wishes,
    Ant

Hi Darkostica,

Thanks for posting on boards.ie.

The following post on our Forum may help you with your PS3 setup -

community.eircom.net

You shouldn't need to turn off the firewall on the modem, though it may be helpful to open ports or change the NAT settings. The link above may help you with this. eircom Technical Support don't directly support games console setup, beyond advising you to lower the firewall setting on the router.

Let me know if this helps or if you find a solution. If you need me to check that broadband is connecting fine, just PM your phone number.

You can also contact eircom Technical Support directly -

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 8am - 10pm (7 days).

Best wishes,
    Ant

I've already forwarded the ports, nothing works. Just more frustration from Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

Have you got your PC on a static IP as well? After setting ports you may also need to restart your router and the PS3.

Use this to check if the ports are actually open and we can work from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Darkostica wrote: »
    I've already forwarded the ports, nothing works. Just more frustration from Eircom.

Hi Darkostica,

I appreciate what you say and your problem setting up your PS3 games console. You may want to look at the advice given above. Unfortunately, eircom as a Broadband provider doesn't directly support Games Consoles, beyond advising to lower the firewall on their router. PlayStation do have good support for their games setup. There are also lots of blogs and help online provided for their Games setup.

Similarly, I've had problems setting up and opening ports of my own in the past with minecraft server. I am also having problems setting up a dazzle video capture device, which I haven't been able to solve. This however is something I need to support directly myself or contact the related vendor's support departments.

If I can refer you to the website again as I have found this quite useful in the past and may help you here: portforward.com

Also take a look at youtube and other online help sites including here on Boards.

Let me know how this goes, or if you find a resolution.
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kid800

I have the exact same problem! Is a pain in the hole. Its all about the nat type. I am getting nat type 2 but every video and any advice i get is to get a nat type one.

I seen a video where you do a custom set up adn enter your wpa and then PPPoe> work on the video but I cant get an ip address with it.

Big disaster!!!!

• Advertisement

kid800 wrote: »
    I have the exact same problem! Is a pain in the hole. Its all about the nat type. I am getting nat type 2 but every video and any advice i get is to get a nat type one.

I seen a video where you do a custom set up adn enter your wpa and then PPPoe> work on the video but I cant get an ip address with it.

Big disaster!!!!

Call eircom technical support and ask for Jason, he got the best results for me and seems to know more than anyone else I spoke to. He's very helpful, he should be able to help you out too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kid800

did he get yours working so?

kid800 wrote: »
    did he get yours working so?

Ya pretty much. He sorted out my connection drops and has now got my mw3 to load up without having to restart the router.

Advertisement