Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there somthing wrong with this tattoo

Options
  • 27-03-2012 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi my first post here!
    I got a tattoo done on saturdy (my fifth) and i got taisl from sonic.
    all seemed to be ok until i was rinseing it and there is a patch that is missing.
    i have added the photo and im just a bit worried that there is going to be a bare patch. Am i right to worry or is this normal as i havent really had much white on a tattoo

Thanks

Littlenick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Looks like the skin is peeling a good bit there, what are you doing for aftercare on the tattoo? It's kinda hard to tell with white ink, probably best to leave it healing for a while, see how it goes before you can tell if there is something wrong. Then if it still looks like there's something wrong, go back to your tattoo artist, see if they'll touch it up for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 littlenick87

I should have added that allright. I am using bepanthem ? Nappy rash cream.
    i never done it befoe but i was told to put the cream on and re rap in in clingfilm 3 times a day for 4 days and then the normal of putting the cream on 5+ times a day for the week after

Have you been washing it too? You should be washing it gently, using just your hand and some mild anti-bacterial soap every time before applying the cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 littlenick87

Ive been using unscented soap on it

If it's peeling like that then it'd suggest you're not keeping it moisturised enough, or when you're cleaning it the dead skin isn't being cleaned away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

It does appear to be peeling quite a bit, but when it's healed a touch up will fix any problems you think there is.

When Atavan-halan see's this he's gonna be soooo jealous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

keep it moisturised , i just keep my new tattoo's wrapped for a few hours max , usualy till i get home ,

apply cream any time you feel it drying out and cean regulary ,
    looks like its drying out , give it a week or so , then the white shoud realy start to pop out and you will see it better , thats one of the reasons im not a fan of colouur ink :pac:

Advertisement