Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kids birthdays - what to do.

• 27-03-2012 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

How do you normally celebrate children's birthdays when separated?

My ex wants me to arrange a joint party for my child but I would rather have a separate party.

I want to do what's best for my child but hate the idea of a joint party when there is so much tention between myself & ex. My child is young and is not asking for a party & would be happy with low key or anything really.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

If a joint party is just going to be a source of stress and pain then your child will pick up on this.

There are times when you will have to swallow those feelings and attempt to get on but when you have a choice not to and your child is not actively looking for you both to be there for a joint party the choice would appear to be a simple one.

Ask your child what they want and take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 cooranig23

why can't you just sort things out with your ex

ye must have shared something special in the past

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

cooranig23, life is clearly more complicated than "just" sorting things out with ex partners.

Can you please read the forum charter and if you have nothing mature and constructive to add regarding the issue posted, kindly refrain from posting.

Please be aware this forum is strictly moderated and continued breaches in charter will result in you losing your posting rights to this forum.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Jennna wrote: »

My ex wants me to arrange a joint party for my child but I would rather have a separate party.

I want to do what's best for my child but hate the idea of a joint party when there is so much tention between myself & ex. My child is young and is not asking for a party & would be happy with low key or anything really.

Where would the party be held? if there is other people there you and your ex could probably avoid the tension. As Taltos said there will be times when both of ye will be at the same event but cross that bridge when you get to it.
    For now just go with what the child wants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Anky2930

Jennna wrote: »

In my opinion kids are gifts of god and for them you have to do all the things and the idea of joint party will be the best gift for your kid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭James Jones

My kids thought separate parties were great cause they got two parties around the time of their birthdays. Also, you don't have to celebrate the birthday on the birthday. It doesn't have to be a"Party" either. Just do something really special.
    Avoid the tension at all costs.

Advertisement