Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponsorship appeal

Options
  • 27-03-2012 7:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

How do all?

I've been working on farms here for the best part of two years and have decided I want to stay permanently. I consulted an immigration lawyer and he advised me that I'd need about 3 years of references to go with my c.v. I found some employers willing to sponsor me so a couple of months ago we applied for my 457.

Unfortunately the good folk at immigration have finally decided that they in fact, don't need farmers. We spoke to our lawyer at the time and he reckoned (whether he was bull****ting or not is now very debatable) that we had a good 80% chance of succeeding. That was until he got a nice cheque handed to him and all of a sudden he every time he contacted us he started warning of the very possible dangers of the visa being refused. Sure enough, the news came that I was insufficiently qualified or some other bollocks like that.

Anyway, he's advised me that while I had every right to appeal, it would be merely a delaying tactic and would nearly certainly be refused again. He also made it pretty clear that he's not interested in handling my case any more. He's sent me the appeal forms and wished me the best of luck. I'm not exactly cash rich though so as expensive as appealing is, its my only option short of letting immigration come find me and deport me.

Now I'm just looking for advice on appealing. Has anyone else ever been refused and won on appeal? What advice would you give someone trying to appeal? I've been given an opportunity to go public with a small local newspaper, is this going to be seen as giving two fingers to immgration or could it possibly help my case?

The area I'm in is ridiculously stuck for staff on a year round basis. I have farmers willing to provide written support my application, I have an internationally renowned vet willing to back me, what else can I do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Well from what you have said in short a local farmer is trying to sponsor your 457 but DIAC have refused your application.

The immigration agent could be reported to the MARA governing body but that does not help your case. If they knew when they took your case it was a no go.

If the local paper could help let them, DIAC are already refusing you a visa and chances are they will refuse your appeal.

They cant kick you out twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's worth a shot. Letters from local farmers, vet etc can only help.
    Is farming on the list for 457? If it has been removed then its probably simply not possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭irishturkey

Mellor wrote: »
    It's worth a shot. Letters from local farmers, vet etc can only help.
    Is farming on the list for 457? If it has been removed then its probably simply not possible.

Farming is on the list alright but they prefer their farmers to have qualifications and the like. Things are changing in Ireland nowadays but but there aren't too many lads who worked on farms growing up who have letters after their name. It sickens the **** out of me really. I know two farmers here who pretty much refuse to hire Aussies because they find them lazy and unreliable. They won't work on farms, farmers need workers, I want to work on a farm but immigration can't see the necessity for it. ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

Globally, when it comes to visas it's about qualifications or accreditation. Is there a defined body in Australia that can approve your work experience as valid for a visa application? If you don't have the papers this is your only path.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I would advise finding a better migration agent personally.
    Kinda sucks though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement