Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DTT signal loss

Options
  • 26-03-2012 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, hope someone can help, I recently bought some splitters to combine a sat signal and tv areal signal down one cable. I have the splitter set up at both ends the thing is I loose the aerial signal when I connect the satelite cable to the sky box, before I connect the sat cable the tv shows a good to high aerial signal. I have checked all the connections for loose wires etc but cannot find any thing out of place, all connections are f connectors so they should be good. Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Are you receiving Saorview & analogue channels? Do you know which transmitter or the UHF channel nos. (maybe towards the high end of the UHF tv band)?

This is of course assuming you're using proper satellite/terrestrial combiners.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 john.mcaul

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    Are you receiving Saorview & analogue channels? Do you know which transmitter or the UHF channel nos. (maybe towards the high end of the UHF tv band)?

This is of course assuming you're using proper satellite/terrestrial combiners.[/Quote

Hi Peter , I am recieving saorview on Channel 21 this I believe is Mulliganish I do also recieve analog channels but these are snowey, the combiners I m using should be fine (used the same ones on my house this is for sisters house ) this is in Fenit outside Tralee.
    Saorview site says that Chnoc on oir is the correct transmitter but got no signal off this. As I say channel 21 shows a good signal till I connect the satellite cable to the sky box.
    Knocmoyle is also there but no signal from that either.
    Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Would seem to suggest that powering the lnb is causing interference (should be filtered out by the combiner) that wipes out the terrestrial signal, but hard to really know at this remove.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭John mac

are you using these type combiner?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 john.mcaul

Yes that is the type I used.

• Advertisement
Advertisement