Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Rock bar for over 30s

Options
  • 26-03-2012 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all,
    Could anyone recommend a rock bar in dublin that over 30s would be happy in? everywhere we go seems to be a very young crowd but we still want to be able to go and enjoy the music and atmostphere. Out of all the rock bars in Dublin - which would have the best mix of age groups? Its been a good while since I was in any of them really. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I've been to all of them and the best one, without a doubt, that fits your criteria is The Gypsy Rose on The Quays.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/gypsyroseclub

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

scudzilla wrote: »
    I've been to all of them and the best one, without a doubt, that fits your criteria is The Gypsy Rose on The Quays.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/gypsyroseclub

Agree with this.
    The Foggy Dew still gets a good rock crowd, its a good mix of genres there in truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

minstral wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Could anyone recommend a rock bar in dublin that over 30s would be happy in? everywhere we go seems to be a very young crowd but we still want to be able to go and enjoy the music and atmostphere. Out of all the rock bars in Dublin - which would have the best mix of age groups? Its been a good while since I was in any of them really. thanks

Fibbers Ormond Quay is definately the older Rock crowd's bar of choice. It's geared more toward the 25+ crowd with the style of bands they have playing. Though saying that, the music is always quiet diverse and eclectic.

Easily the most unpretentious and down-to-earth of the Rock bars in Dublin. Sound staff. Cheap booze and good music. The sound is always good there too and there's always a decent place to sit or stand, wheather you're on your own or with a crowd.

Fibbers Ormond Quay Facebook

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I'd agree with Fibbers Ormond Quays - definitely for the more mature an sophisticated rocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Depends on how busy you want it to be, gypsy is usually packed while fibbers can sometimes be short on bodies! they are both deadly bars :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

AFAIK, there are two bars in that Gypsy Rose place?? One on street level, and another downstairs??? I was in the one on street level last weekend with some friends, and I have to say, it's the darkest, smallest most depressing looking place ever. Fibbers all the way for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

It'd be Fibbers(on the quays) for me too. Good crowd,good sounds and good offers on beer make it a winner in my book.

Still haven't checked out Gypsy Rose yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

care full going in there!

Big fella on the door fond of the old struggle snuggle :)

Allegedly, by his own word....

care full going in there!

Big fella on the door fond of the old struggle snuggle :)

Allegedly, by his own word....

Where?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77171131

post 99

sorry probably seemed a bit of a strange post....
    :pac:

• Advertisement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77171131

post 99

sorry probably seemed a bit of a strange post....
    :pac:

I'm a bit dim,i should have copped that quicker. Makes perfect sense now.:)

i thought you might be reaching for the ban hammer there for a second.....:P

i thought you might be reaching for the ban hammer there for a second.....:P

Nope,not yet anyways!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Only been to Gypsy Rose once, after the Guns n Roses concert in 09. I needed a pint after that. Really nice place, better then Fibber(Parnell Street) haven't been to the other Fibbers, but I hear good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

havent been to any of the pubs been to the foggy dew a few times and fibbers in parnell st must head out and try the other 2 bars some night

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Never been to Foggy Dew - is it good?

Definitelt reccomend the Gypsy Rose and Fibbers on Quays though.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Never been to Foggy Dew - is it good?

Definitely reccomend the Gypsy Rose and Fibbers on Quays though.

Advertisement