Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing some of the picture on TV

Options
  • 26-03-2012 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭

Not sure if I'm in the right forum for this, please move if I'm not.

I have a Panasonic TH-37PV80EY and no matter what aspect ratio I choose, I'm missing some of the picture on every channel. I'm connected by coax to NTLs analogue service.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Hello?...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭andy1249

On those panasonics , I know there is a overscan on off button for the first HDMI controller , try that , it might apply to all incoming signals.

Other than that all I can say is that those old NTL analog boxes were particularly brutal in respect of picture quality , and I wouldnt imagine theres a hell of a lot you can do about it except upgrade and get a HDMI feed to that TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You have a 37" Plasma TV connected to an analog cable TV service? Something tells me you're not paying for that service because switching to digital is a no-brainer.

Someone mentioned a UPC analog 'box' - what's that? Isn't the analog signal a straight co-ax into the TV like you had an outside aerial - there is no box, unless you count the yoke stuck to the wall with the NTL logo?

Advertisement