Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

driving lessons in castletroy area

Options
  • 26-03-2012 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Would anyone know of a good, reasonably priced driving instructor around the area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 coniecto

I'd recommend Joe Chawke - his details are here: http://chawkeschoolofmotoring.com/drupal/?q=node/2

He can pick you up from UL (or your place) and drop you back there. I had two other instructors and thought I will never learn to drive. Joe is patient and pleasant, and I'd recommend him anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭DaveR1

+1 to that!! Had Joe too. Great instructor.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

Question here guys to bump this?

Just how efficent is he? like Ive a fair grasp of driving from what I was thought by older siblings etc, and I'm looking for an intructor aswell, but im abit iffy about random people etc, is he nice? calm?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭DaveR1

Efficent? Isn't the new law that you have to take a minimum of 12 hours lessons before your test. I did mine before the new laws and only needed about 6 lessons with him. You'll never find a calmer person than Joe! He's sound.

Test wise he's great. He has the test sheet with him on every lesson and pretty much marks you throughout. After he'll tell if you would have passed or where you would have failed. Makes it pretty clear what you need to focus on when your drving to pass the test.

He claims to have a 95% pass rate on his website. I know 3 other people who got lessons with him and all 4 of us passed 1st time! Thats a pretty impressive pass rate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

DaveR1 wrote: »
    Efficent? Isn't the new law that you have to take a minimum of 12 hours lessons before your test. I did mine before the new laws and only needed about 6 lessons with him. You'll never find a calmer person than Joe! He's sound.

Test wise he's great. He has the test sheet with him on every lesson and pretty much marks you throughout. After he'll tell if you would have passed or where you would have failed. Makes it pretty clear what you need to focus on when your drving to pass the test.

He claims to have a 95% pass rate on his website. I know 3 other people who got lessons with him and all 4 of us passed 1st time! Thats a pretty impressive pass rate!

Im under the impression as i obtained my provisional before the law i do not need to take the lessons? but i think ill give this guy a ring after my exams!

Advertisement