Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: Claiming Tax Back

Options
  • 26-03-2012 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi There,

From January 2011 to June 2011 i was working in Toronto, im back in Ireland now and was wondering has anyone here claimed tax back?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I sent my application for a tax return off about a month ago, I used taxback.com. You could try using something like ufile.ca as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

i used ufile myself and found it good. the only issue is if this is ur first time doing it you will have to paper file it and it takes 4 to 6 weeks then to get your refund

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭IMightKnow

BlueBaron i sent mine off last week, not expecting to hear back for about 2 months id say

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

Hi guys, did anyone hear anything back? I read on other posts, it takes 4 months processing time when you are outside of canada

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I got mine yesterday, it took 3 months to come through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Swingingdoor

Anyone else get anything saying they owe over $2000? I moved to Vancouver April 2011. After sorting out my taxes with a H&R block 6 weeks ago, I came home to a letter today saying that because I worked in Ireland in 2011 before moving to Canada less than 90% of my income was made in Canada and I owe them the above absolute fortune, to be paid by June 11 2012. This is could be a massive problem.

Put the visa nightmare in the middle of this and it makes for quite the sh*t sandwich.

Anyone else in this situation??

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭IMightKnow

I got my tax back in a cheque sent here after submitting my forms about the 20th of April

sorry Swingingdoor I cant help you as I only worked during the summer of 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 14,118 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Anyone else get anything saying they owe over $2000? I moved to Vancouver April 2011. After sorting out my taxes with a H&R block 6 weeks ago, I came home to a letter today saying that because I worked in Ireland in 2011 before moving to Canada less than 90% of my income was made in Canada and I owe them the above absolute fortune, to be paid by June 11 2012. This is could be a massive problem.

Put the visa nightmare in the middle of this and it makes for quite the sh*t sandwich.

i didnt work in ireland in 2011, but only worked for half the year here, meaning i paid a higher rate of tax for those 6 months and got 4500 back. I don't understnad how you owe them money if you were already paying tax. Didnt h&r block tell you how much youd get when you filed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

You need to go back and speak to H&R block they have some policy if they make a mistake they have to cough up for it.

Advertisement