Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band Descriptions...

Options
  • 26-03-2012 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

Hey Everyone,

I'm in a band called Chucky's River and we're about to record our debut album next month. But we're trying to come up with new creative ways to describe us and our music...I've found so much generic crap on band websites and we really want to come up with something fresh and clever as a description.

Would anyone be interested in helping us out?

I can give you some sample tracks off the new album as the stuff that's up online is out of date and not really what we're about anymore...

Sure let me know!!

Thanks
    Fusion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭hcass

I know a girl who could help you - she's really into her music and has a music blog. Tell her Hazel sent you her way. Here is her facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=664035266 and her blog http://claireskane.wordpress.com/about/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Great, thanks for that!! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Fusion251 wrote: »
    But we're trying to come up with new creative ways to describe us and our music...I've found so much generic crap on band websites and we really want to come up with something fresh and clever as a description

I find the descriptions of music on band websites, and for that matter in many reviews, hysterical. They usually consist of a bunch of meaningless phrases that have somehow accrued currency strewn together. If I had more time on my hands, I'd set up a blog reviewing fake albums, all recieiving glowing write-ups, filled with guff about "throbbing bass" and "propulsive rhythms."

• Registered Users Posts: 24 supp

Having worked in the Music industry for about 9 years all I can say is, keep it simple. Don't waft on like you are going to be bigger than Jesus. Make sure it's not more than 1 page, photo included. Include why you chose the name of the band and the album title and any particulars about your best songs.

Social Media links, manager and publicists email address and/or phone numbers. But yeah, keep it simple. The people who you send it to don't want your life story.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 supp

Also this I can give you some sample tracks off the new album as the stuff that's up online is out of date and not really what we're about anymore...

These are useless, if y ou have rebranded then don't push stuff you don't play any more. Such an amateur mistake. Take that ish down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement