Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whirlpool AWG 345/4 not spinning

Options
  • 26-03-2012 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi All,

Looking for a bit of guidance on what to check when taking apart my washing machine as it has stopped spinning.

Last week the washing machine was put on as normal and when the clothes were taken out we noticed that the clothes were soaked but the water still drains so there was no spin at the end of the wash cylcle.

We tried a spin on its own but didnt spin at all.

I then checked the filter at the bottom of the machine and found coins and paper clips e,t,c, in there. god knows how.

After cleaning this out I ran a 30 degree wash and it filled up fine and proceeded to turn but very reluctantly, towards the end of the cycle the sound of the motor seemed to be working but the drum didnt spin at all, again the water drained ok.

Can anyone give me an idea as to what might have gone or what to check if I have a look myself?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mellio

Advertisement