Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live €2 for 2 months.

Options
  • 26-03-2012 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

Available in the dashboard. I just signed up for it this weekend.
    Pay attention to the autorenewal though, in case you want to get it elsewhere after that. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

I dunno what I'm doing wrong, but I can't see it anywhere on the dash ???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

I think there's a problem with Live at the minute. As soon as it's back up I'm jumping on it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

kensutz wrote: »
    I think there's a problem with Live at the minute. As soon as it's back up I'm jumping on it. :)

It's back up and running for me but still can't see ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Don't most of these only show if your current Gold has expired?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

and they only show if your on silver, current live gold members dont get these offers...

they made that mistake before and remedied it quick... i got 6 months for €6!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I dont bother renewing my gold anymore until its run out and i see if there's an offer like this on my dash. Every month without fail i get the "Your membership has expired, please renew to get gold features" pop up but then i go onto the dash and choose the "one month for one euro!" bubble.
    Been doing it for the last 5 months.

*edit* i should point out that upon renewing i instantly go and switch off the auto renewal. Dont put that off, last thing anyone wants to see is 6.99 going out of their account unnecessarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

Sorry, my bad.
    Yes, it will only show if you're not a current gold-member.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

Last time i had to call them to cancel the autorenewal. Is there now a way to cancel without calling?

ALiasEX wrote: »
    Last time i had to call them to cancel the autorenewal. Is there now a way to cancel without calling?

Yep. The option is now on the my account section on xbox.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Cheers dMaN24, never signed up for xbox live before but for €2, why not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Guys,how exaxtly do I sign up for this?I've logged into xbox.com on laptop but can't find a link.Never signed up before.

toby2111 wrote: »
    Guys,how exaxtly do I sign up for this?I've logged into xbox.com on laptop but can't find a link.Never signed up before.

You have to connect to xbox live on your xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Ah ok,i'll hook it up with the ethernet cable in a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I got 2 months for €2 last month.

Defo gonna keep it going

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

anyone else unable to get this? It refused the paypal account I used three months ago and my credit card and when I contacted them they said it was my credit card company so tried my wife's paypal account and still no go. Pain in the hoop....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

sweetie wrote: »
    anyone else unable to get this? It refused the paypal account I used three months ago and my credit card and when I contacted them they said it was my credit card company so tried my wife's paypal account and still no go. Pain in the hoop....

Can you not just pay by credit card and avoid PayPal?

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Can you not just pay by credit card and avoid PayPal?

Ive tried credit card and my wifes paypal along with my own. No luck with any method!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

when i tried to use paypal it wouldnt work so I just used my credit card and that worked fine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

my xbl gold expired today. only offer showing on my dash is "3 months for €7.99" which only works out at over £1 cheaper for 14 months than this

still i suppose i'll only be signed for 3 months and who knows what renewal offers will be available then

edit: i've just done a bit of sleuthing with other profiles on my xbox and here are my findings

my usual xbl account (irish) - "3 months for €7.99"
    my gf's xbl account (uk) - "3 months for £6.00"
    my yank xbl account (us) - "2 months for $2.00"

i'm very tempted to go with the american one but it means restarting a few games from scratch. . . decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Signed up for the free months of trial and must upgrade this now - must check my dash but what's the story with entering payment information - paypal is it?

I'm assuming you can just do it through the dash rather than having to do it online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

PaulieC wrote: »
    Signed up for the free months of trial and must upgrade this now - must check my dash but what's the story with entering payment information - paypal is it?

I'm assuming you can just do it through the dash rather than having to do it online

you can do paypal (if you've already got a paypal account) or credit card through the xbox. additionally and more popularly there's the options of cheapxboxlivecodes.com/live-codes.com where you can buy xbox live vouchers for a set period of time. if you check my post above, there's a link to a 14 month sub for ~£31 - they email you the code and you enter in on your xbox, no further messing with credit cards etc. These sites would normally be the advised way to go but microsoft have lately been advertising very tempting deals on the dashboard, hence this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

theteal wrote: »
    you can do paypal (if you've already got a paypal account) or credit card through the xbox. additionally and more popularly there's the options of cheapxboxlivecodes.com/live-codes.com where you can buy xbox live vouchers for a set period of time. if you check my post above, there's a link to a 14 month sub for ~£31 - they email you the code and you enter in on your xbox, no further messing with credit cards etc. These sites would normally be the advised way to go but microsoft have lately been advertising very tempting deals on the dashboard, hence this thread
    Gracias sir!

my problem mysteriously disappeared a few days later when I went back to try again but the e2 deal had also gone and I was left with the 3 months for 7.99. I shall be emailing MS about this, need to have a mini rant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Anyone getting this:

Sorry, there's an issue with your account. To fix the problem, visit https://account.live.com or choose a different payment method.

I've tried to use Paypal and CC, but no joy. I'm wondering if there's a solution, because I've gone to that site and it's not very helpful. I think they just want me to lose patience and sign up for 1 month for €6.99!

It's a joke - see my previous post

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Cheers!
    I was hoping that someone may have found a work around though...
    I guess I just wait it out until it updates. Might finish ME1 and start ME2 in the meantime....

Advertisement