Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Murder She Wrote

Options
  • 25-03-2012 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Murder She Wrote
    strange reg numbers

Watched this show today and saw strange numbers. program apparently set in Ireland. def saw an 02 MH car there, can relate to that!
    watched the MGB driving along a country road, was keen to see its reg. , it was pushed off the road by a Ford van , but the van was not like any in this country. When the MGB was pushed off the road the number was 02 A XXX on a current type IRL plate.

the van reg was later visible and was 02 F xxxx

Next the Gardai arrive in a squad car, did not notice make nor reg ,but the Garda Inspector arrived in a PIB (Armagh) reg mercedes !!!!

as the prog went on I saw the squad car again, it too was PIB !!

A mk 3 Zephyr/Zodiac had a 99 R xxxx reg .

There was an XJ6 as well , maybe a bit more realistic , think it was 94 C xxxx

As a keen autonumerologist I was a bit perplexed.

regrads ,Rugbyman

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

What esle would you expect of Yanks. I bet it was all Begorrah and Donkeys too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Thats from the Arsehole of nowhere:D

mgbirelandmurdershewrote-1.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6dKRi5yfAQ

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Mac 3

I saw that episode too some time ago. None of it was filmed in Ireland, apart from some exterior shots. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Yeah I saw that one a few months back. None of it was in Ireland and after looking at it for quite a while before realising it............they cars were mainly all LHD. Someone was obviously told to do some homework on the reg's...............and spent 30 seconds doing it !

The "PIB" reg'd Merc was a US version too.

Not very convincing at all, but I suppose they made it for US TV and never expected it to be shown here.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Hearse 1

That is a TV Movie episode from the “Murder She Wrote” series – it was first aired in 2003 and is titled “The Celtic Riddle”.

They did the title sequence with a bit of exterior work for the start of the film in Ireland - including Jessica Fletcher travelling through the Irish countryside in a Merc taxi (with correct Irish Taxi roof bar) and arriving outside a large mansion that has a 90s Merc S-Class, an Alfa 156, a Mitsu Pajero and I think a Lexus parked in front. They then promptly decamped back to shoot the rest in LA - even some of the title sequence intercuts are in LA countryside.

They then found whatever cars they could around LA that looked like they might be Irish/European or at very least didn’t look like they were American! LHD or RHD didn’t matter....
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

Film Producers get as many european cars and stick on yellow or IRL plates without thinking what the number plate squence is....they dont realise that we are very eagle eyed! They dont properly research the period street furniture/vehicles for films. Take for example any of the Austin Powers films and these are supposedly being filmed in London and the UK countryside when in reality they are filmed in California,,,just round up as many UK spec cars as possible, including FX 4 taxis and Routemaster/RT buses and add number plates that dont match.....there's a Berlin scene in PanAm and again filmed somewhere in the States...lots of US spec German cars..suddenly a bay window VW van appears in the JFK cortege in 1963????:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Ye lot are such geeks obsessing over number plates!

takes 1 2 no 1

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tinyjiney

Ye lot are such geeks obsessing over number plates!

I find it more upsetting that they actually watch this show.........:eek:

tinyjiney wrote: »
    I find it more upsetting that they actually watch this show.........:eek:

really? its great! it's about a serial killer who roams at large framing other people and then writes books about it ,typing on an old fashioned machine whilst going "nyah-ha-ha" A LOT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

corktina wrote: »
    takes 1 2 no 1

I gave up registration plates for lent. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

that is some muck...LOL its like american Fair City gone wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭George White

that red sports car in Celtic Riddle's in the second pilot of the Six Million Dollar Man, in the 70s, in the very odd cosatal London Airport, which is seemingly in Dover?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

The big house she arrives at is tinnakilly house in rathnew, the town shots are rathdrum, and they use the exterior and interior of two houses on rathdrum main street

The big house she arrives at is tinnakilly house in rathnew, the town shots are rathdrum, and they use the exterior and interior of two houses on rathdrum main street

yes it is, Ive stayed there, its lovely.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Stayed there myself this summer!
    Saw yesterday it's up for sale.

198415_4374958538992_706074373_n_Small.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Hearse 1

Anyone see the Murder She Wrote episode called "A Killing in Cork" which was shown on RTE1 today?

Another mix of Irish and US footage but at least all car scenes were filmed in Ireland and had genuine Irish cars!

Main feature is a Citroen CX in red registered CZV 563. This still shows up on cartell :)

The "baddies" car was a 92D reg Merc S-Class.

Loads of other interesting vehicles in the background from Renault 5s to an Opel Garda car...

All the external scenes were genuinely shot in Ireland (except for the generic ambles in a woodland area or cemetary!) but at no time does "Jessica Fletcher" appear in any of the Irish scenes! She was intercut from American studio shots...

This was Episode No 7 from Series 10 which was aired in 1993. There is another episode called "Another Killing in Cork" - episode 20 in Series 11 in 1995 - but I havn't caught that one yet!! There is a car crash in that one....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I heard she has settled down in Ireland as her long term home, any truth in this or os it another urban myth?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

I heard she has settled down in Ireland as her long term home, any truth in this or os it another urban myth?

She has a house in Ballycotton county Cork.

no doubt the neighbours are dying like flies down there..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

Oh it's much worse than that!!!.........www.waterfordwhispersnews.com/article.php?id=335

Advertisement