Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indicators flashing very slow if at all?

Options
  • 25-03-2012 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭

Hi all took my old Talbot Express campervan on a spin today after doing a full service on it and the indicators are acting up, there flashing very slow when driving and if i turn the headlights or the heater/fan for the windscreen on they dont flash at all? Any help welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

sounds like a bad earth . are the fuses ok , or in any way melted looking? Any corrion on the flasher unit pins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Hi Aidan ill look at them both tomorrow i replaced the fuse for the indicators recently when it blew (could the fuse be the wrong rating?) - When i put on the hazards they flash too quick! :confused:

I had a look at all the fuses and there fine, Is the flasher the thing in the glove box that makes the noise when indicating? and if it is do i just pull it straight up to check the pins?

Hi after opening each of the six indicator lens and taking out the bulb cleaning, rubbing and re-fitting the bulbs, listening to the relay under the bonnet, i figured out that a wire from the relay was not attached to anything seen a screw and attached the wire and hey presto works perfect again ... long story short Aidan mm was right "sounds like a bad earth" chap is a legend - thx m8.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

dickwod1 wrote: »
    long story short Aidan mm was right "sounds like a bad earth" chap is a legend - thx m8.:D

Aidan is ALWAYS right ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Malta1 wrote: »
    Aidan is ALWAYS right ;)

oh how I wish..... high but inaccurate praise! thanks though , glad to help even if it was a lucky guess. :)

Advertisement