Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Routes around Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand etc

Options
  • 25-03-2012 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi

I have 6 weeks off in July and Aug this year and was looking to go to Vietnam and Cambodia or any of the other countries above.

I have looked on trail finders web site as they do have some good ideas for routes and stuff...however I just found that there are so many options Im over whelmed.

I was wondering if there are ppl that have been to any of the above countries that could give me few tips and maybe suggest a route that would fit nicely into my short 6 weeks.

Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

have a look at travelfish.org,great for route planning

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭JayC5

Hi travelbug

I sent you a pm with some info. You should also check out www.southeastasiabackpacker.com. if you click on the 'About' tab and go to the link at the bottom of the page it will bring you to a section where you can read online or download the 17 issues to date of South East Asia Backpacker magazine. You'll get some good ideas for your trip in there and there's plenty of pics etc, the website itself has some good info on accommodation in the various areas also.

J :D

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Bruz82

yes, travelfish is very good, try get to sapa in the north of vietnam , 2 -3 day trek, amazing views, mekong delta in the south is also cool, Chiang Mai in northern thailand. and the usuals, halong bay, siem riep , Vang Vieng, .
    If you havent book yet Id recommend a few days in Hong Kong. Well worth it if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

Be careful it's the middle of the rainy season in that region at that time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 travelbug82

jadie wrote: »
    have a look at travelfish.org,great for route planning

Brilliant thanks so much for advice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 travelbug82

Thanks a million...Ill get researching now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭Gatica

We're going in September. I know it's rainy season, I don't care as long as it doesn't flood like last year.
    Our route thread is here. Trying to get lots done... :rolleyes:

Advertisement